Will the New A3 now be delayed?

wab172uk

Now in an X3 M40i And a Yaris GR-Four
Reaction score
Just been reading that the MK8 Golf production has been halted due to more software problems.
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-deliveries-halted-over-software-issue/

Also affecting the new Skoda.
https://www.motor1.com/news/423819/2020-skoda-octavia-software-problem/

And as the A3 is a Golf, I assume will be afflicted with the same software issues. Along with WLTP the A3 and Golf were already delayed over software issue, that obviously haven't been ironed out.

All this tech might make a car look fancy sat in the showroom, but the more tech you introduce, the more stuff can go wrong. Buying one of these 10 years down will be a nightmare if the software decides to pack up.

And they want us to let the car drive us around. No thanks.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
You'll find production has halted, just delivery! They aren't going to have thousands of staff standing around doing nothing, they will build them and store them, then send people out to update the software.

If my experience with my A3 e-tron and the associated App and over the air functionality is concerned the VAG Group are years behind modern Tech companies. Their software design is terrible and quality control non existent ! The new App still doesn't have the functionality of the original one it replaced over 2 years latter ! Their attitude to updates in the current range is also unacceptable they do no proactive updates they wait for your car to fail and leave you stranded.

I would be very weary of these new cars till they defiantly have the bugs ironed out.

You'll find production has halted, just delivery! They aren't going to have thousands of staff standing around doing nothing, they will build them and store them, then send people out to update the software.
***lol just noticed, should be 'You'll find production hasn't halted' :)