Window auto-close

JustCharlie

Reaction score
My window auto-close/open has stopped working all of a sudden, anybody any ideas how to fix it? Its an 08 plate S3:sm4:

My window auto-close/open has stopped working all of a sudden, anybody any ideas how to fix it? Its an 08 plate S3:sm4:

Have you recently disconnected the battery??

If so, you need to fully open the window. Then release and press and hold the window button again until you hear a little click sound come from the window. I had to do the same again for closing the window. Repeat for all windows. Then auto open and close worked again.

Probably the battery in your keyfob getting a bit tired. Try your spare - if it works that's it.
New batteries are about £4 and pop straight in.

Not had the battery disconnected, but just been out and had a fiddle, did what you said and it worked, nice one pal:friends:

Probably the battery in your keyfob getting a bit tired. Try your spare - if it works that's it.

Cheers Iggu, both the fobs are the same, did what aythree said and it now works:yahoo:

Not had the battery disconnected, but just been out and had a fiddle, did what you said and it worked, nice one pal:friends:

No probs!

Strange that it stop working without a battery disconnect :confused:
Maybe something to look into if it happens again.

Glad it sorted your windows though!! :salute:

My autoclose function seems to stop working on almost a weekly basis - 08 S3 as well.
The reset fixes it every time but its dammed annoying and it should not happen.
Its been to Audi for it and as usual it got re greased and it seemed to work for about a fortnight and then starts playing up again.

Richard

My autoclose function seems to stop working on almost a weekly basis - 08 S3 as well.
The reset fixes it every time but its dammed annoying and it should not happen.
Its been to Audi for it and as usual it got re greased and it seemed to work for about a fortnight and then starts playing up again.

Richard

Take it back and tell them it needs a software update. I had this and it's not lost the function since.

Yeah then go find a good bodyshop to repair the dent :undwech:

But if you take out the old battery, won't it get reset or something? I heard you have a time frame of 10minutes to get the new battery in before it loses all it's settings.

Also, what kind of battery is it you need? My one is defo dieing

Depends how long you take to change battery, but should resync when you put in ignition or just go into VCDS & resync with this, takes 5 mins to do, but thats last resort & usually battery change doesnt lose any remote functions

CR2032 flat battery

Have you recently disconnected the battery??

If so, you need to fully open the window. Then release and press and hold the window button again until you hear a little click sound come from the window. I had to do the same again for closing the window. Repeat for all windows. Then auto open and close worked again.

Thank you for this