Window mod question

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, just purchased VCDS and trying to get to grips with it. Is there a mod I can do that would enable me to use my windows after I've turned the ignition off? As it stands now, when I stop the car and put the window up it will stop if I turn the ignition off which I do all the time. I want to be able to work the windows after the ignition is off, is this possible? Thanks

surely cant be that big of a problem to sit for that extra 4 seconds?

you can always press and hold the lock button on your key that will raise the windows and unlock will lower (but it does every window)

as above use the fob

surely cant be that big of a problem to sit for that extra 4 seconds?

you can always press and hold the lock button on your key that will raise the windows and unlock will lower (but it does every window)

It is, it's a massive problem. I don't like sitting in my car for longer than I have to ha. My two Golfs I had before my A3 did it so I'm sure it must be able to be activated. I don't use the fob to open/close all windows as when I had that on my Golf I came down one morning and all my windows where open haha

you cant mod it to keep power to the windows
close them as your pulling up with 1 touch

you cant mod it to keep power to the windows
close them as your pulling up with 1 touch

My Golf definitely used to it, I'd use the one touch and as they where going up I could turn ignition off and they'd finish closing.

golfs do keep power when igg is off

the audi wont and no code to change it

Ok I've set the windows to open and close using the fob via VCDS, it's not working as it should though. If I hold the lock/unlock button the car opens but windows don't roll up/down, I have to press and hold the lock/unlock button AGAIN and then the windows will roll up/down. Is there something I'm missing somewhere? Thanks

Have u got selective locking 1 press drivers door 2nd press all doors ?

I near certain I saw an option in VCDS to have Windows active for a few seconds after ignition off\key out? ..maybe opening the door cancels it?? but I'm sure I've seen something along those lines.

I near certain I saw an option in VCDS to have Windows active for a few seconds after ignition off\key out? ..maybe opening the door cancels it?? but I'm sure I've seen something along those lines.

Yeah I've sussed that out, I can work windows after turning ignition off but comfort touch isn't available. I'm now stuck with the second querie I posted in this thread

Still having trouble with this, surely I must be missing something somewhere?

When I stop the engine and remove the key in my A3 and the S3 the windows still work without one touch until one of the doors are opened.

When I stop the engine and remove the key in my A3 and the S3 the windows still work without one touch until one of the doors are opened.

Yeah I've sorted that now mate, thanks. I'm now trying to get help with post 9

That's what my 8p A3 does it. I press the button once the car locks/unlocks if I press the button again it then puts the windows up/down. I would think its better that way then you could avoid putting the windows up/down by accident like what has been posted on here a few times.

Hi - this might not be the right thread.

I have an 8P A3 and when I use my remote/key to lower or raise the window the windows don't drop level. One goes quicker than the other. Should it do this or have I got a fault?

you must have a bad motor

you must have a bad motor

It's not a massive issue but I notice it. Just worry that when the other side is up I am still running the motor for Nother second while the other catches up!!