Window motor

Nuno_rules

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

After a computer scan, thanks to Scott.
We have established that I might a faulty window motor on the driver side.
Part no 8P0959801E
Has anyone actually tried to fix it?
Can it be taken apart and fixed?
Or the only option is to replace it.

Mine took 2 months to give up the ghost.
I am just wondering if a bit of soldering will do the trick.

£80 is a bit expensive to have the privilege of being able to open a window.
So much for Audi being of great quality.

Johann

I have that module for sale if interested.

How much?
New or used?

Are you talking about the part number i mentioned?

Johann

It has to be replaced.

Well, I have replaced it, and it still isn't working.
What's left? The switch?

Huh, strange, well the module sent does work, tell me what you've done thus far?

You will need to rescan, clear any faults & code the module to your car interms of the features it has, should of noted old module coding before removing.

I will try to contact the guy with VCDS. i met the other week. Does this mean i will to put back the old module, scan it, pick up coding, put the new one in and apply the same code?
Nothing is as straight forward as used to be. Thanks for the info.

I will try to contact the guy with VCDS. i met the other week. Does this mean i will to put back the old module, scan it, pick up coding, put the new one in and apply the same code?
Nothing is as straight forward as used to be. Thanks for the info.

If Scott followed the basic simple rule of saving the scan then he will have the info. and you won't need to replace the old module !

Most things are straightforward if you follow a logical process.

Would you have a step by step guide for Scott of how to do that ? I work in IT, so the 2 of us should be allright to follow simple steps.

Would you have a step by step guide for Scott of how to do that ? I work in IT, so the 2 of us should be allright to follow simple steps.

Have you rung Scott ?

If he did not follow correct procedure then he won't have the info and you will have to do what NHN said.

If you work in IT then you should be aware that you never attempt to change anything computer-wise without saving, or having a record of, the original information. !

I haven't rung Scott, but did PM him.
His reply was "ive never done that before, but if he can send over a step by step guide i dont mind giving it a go"
That is why I was asking if anyone would know how to make a note of the old module coding before removing it.
Thanks

When you do a scan using VCDS there is a button on the page that says SAVE. In fact, when you exit the scan page a pop-up appears telling you that you haven't saved and do you want to ! If he had saved the scan on completion then it would be on his computer as a complete record of all module coding in the car.