Window surrounds wrapping

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had there window surrounds wrapped (the chrome trim) ? And what sort of price should I be looking at ? Thanks

Hi Rayner,

I am getting my grill, fog grill and the plastic on the rear bumper wrapped in gloss black at the end of the month.

I will ask and let you know. If it gives you any indication, it was around 40quid for the grill that I was quoted.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Hi Rayner,

I am getting my grill, fog grill and the plastic on the rear bumper wrapped in gloss black at the end of the month.

I will ask and let you know. If it gives you any indication, it was around 40quid for the grill that I was quoted.

Look forward to seeing the results. Isn't gloss black wrapping quite rare? I'd heard that most black wrapping ends up being a matt finish, but I guess it depends on where you go.

Look forward to seeing the results. Isn't gloss black wrapping quite rare? I'd heard that most black wrapping ends up being a matt finish, but I guess it depends on where you go.

All personal preference really, I've never been a fan of a full car in matte black. Think the trims would definitely look better gloss.

All personal preference really, I've never been a fan of a full car in matte black. Think the trims would definitely look better gloss.
I agree. I prefer gloss, but I'd heard most places that offer gloss, actually aren't as glossy as the OEM finish - its more of a matt finish. But I love the gloss black, wish I'd found a black edition car, but didn't. :(

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Tom.H
I hope it turns out as gloss black! I havnt seen the film he is using yet, I will certainly check before the work starts.

Pics will certainly be posted :)

I hope it turns out as gloss black! I havnt seen the film he is using yet, I will certainly check before the work starts.

Pics will certainly be posted :)

You've got nothing to worry about, it'll never be as glossy as paint but it certainly won't be matte or even satin. It'll be shiny :grinning:

Gutted guys, went to see them today. They won't wrap that type of plastic because the wrap will come off. Looks like I will have to get it sprayed...

Rayner £40 per side for the chrome trim mate. Chrome trim he said would be fine. It was a very glossy black he showed me the film.

Reactions: AL_B and Rayner_1704
Gutted guys, went to see them today. They won't wrap that type of plastic because the wrap will come off. Looks like I will have to get it sprayed...

Rayner £40 per side for the chrome trim mate. Chrome trim he said would be fine. It was a very glossy black he showed me the film.
Good stuff I'll see if I can find someone to do it now I'm based in Leeds

I had full black pack done front grille and fog trims painted and rear diffuser trim painted and all chrome surrounds wrapped £500, think he was quoting around £300 for just the window trims

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and AL_B
I was looking at wrap but was going to DIY using smoke tail light tints.
But as I am no brain surgeon with a scalpel, I have decided against and now getting some smoke plasti-dip, I want a slight translucent shine rather than full black out.

I'm looking to see how much I can do this myself but worried with I pressure wash it if it would come off or not.

Have any of you thought of plastidip? It's a peelable spray paint. Works wonders.

You'd also be surprised how easy it is to wrap them. You can get rolls of the stuff on eBay relatively cheaply and a bit of trial and error and you've got a black pack :)

Have any of you thought of plastidip? It's a peelable spray paint. Works wonders.

You'd also be surprised how easy it is to wrap them. You can get rolls of the stuff on eBay relatively cheaply and a bit of trial and error and you've got a black pack :)
Iv tried wrapping before and it doesn't sit well with my short temper haha

Reactions: MA3RC