Windows are open the app tells me

L_G

Reaction score
except they are not.

Tried open and shutting the windows, doors but to no avail.

I had that a while back, after a few days it sorted itself out.

Have tried doing a manual refresh on the app, by swiping down on the home page (like on Facebook/Twitter)? This will update the app to the current vehicle status.

Just tried that and I get an error message - however the car's location, mileage, fuel level and available range are all updating fine.

A bit loath to trying logging out and back in again in case I muck it all up.

Can you try the following on each door.
Does the one touch operation work?
Does the window drop a few mm and close up again when you open and close the doors?

My app was reporting the same and it turned out to be window issues.

Yes, one touch works and the windows drop and rise again when you open and close the doors.

May well try opening and closing the windows using the driver's control next time I'm in the car and remember to do so.

Unfortunately the recent app update didn't help

Reactions: chanlon1
Until you try my suggestion you will never know, but I feel it is more to do with the app than the windows themselves. The only other thing it might be isin the SOS module itself where the information links the app to the keys...

Logged out and back in again (my worry that it would involve the PIN, etc proving unfounded), the error message when manually refreshing has gone but it is still reporting that the windows are open.

Try logging into myAudi via web browser, this has recently changed to show the vehicle status. At least this will rule out issues with the app if it reports the windows closed.
You could try clearing the data cache on the app (you can if its Android, not sure about IOS).

Good to see some of the functionality of the web page lost in the 'refresh' is returning.

However, just logged in - "A technical error occurred"

Did you buy the car new or was it preowned? Are you the registered key holder to the car?

Owned from new and registered as the sole 'key user' on myaudi.

The rest of the functionality is fine - i.e. can lock and unlock remotely & the car's location, remaining range, theft alarm and the like are reported accurately

The only alternative might be then to remove the software from your phone, then reinstall, or clear out the whole registration process and start again. Other than it being a fault with your car, or perhaps a peculiarity of the system, I cannot think of anything else...

The fact that the browser is showing an error could possibly rule out an issue with the phone app. Maybe there is a fault with whatever sensor detects if the windows are open/closed?

Thanks for the suggestions, if the issue persists when it goes in for service later this year I will ask Audi to have a look for any fault with the car.

I have actually had this a couple of time son my S5 recently and it seems that sometimes the drivers windows is not closing fully, it seems closed but when I pull the window button it nips up just a little, wondering if something is stopping it or confusing it a little.

I have to be careful as I added side assist with exist assist so the door controllers have all been swapped for high level ones, had a funny error with a rear door controller which was faulty and the window switch was revered so up was down and down was up, from the door and the drivers control. Had to swap that controller.

So worth having a quick check on all the windows, just in case your issue is similar?

Tried opening and closing all the windows and doors without success!

Checking again on myaudi - it shows doors locked/boot & bonnet shut, fuel level/remaining range, etc. but doesn't report anything for the windows.

The app is rubbish. My alarm went off whilst I was cleaning the car and as I didn't have my key handy I pulled my phone out to unlock the car. The app didn't even register that the alarm was sounding. Theft & Alerts screen totally empty.

So not just me that has set the car alarm off while (infrequently) washing it....

You must be setting off the motion sensors. I tend to wash my car with it unlocked and the keys far enough away..

You must be setting off the motion sensors. I tend to wash my car with it unlocked and the keys far enough away..

Me too. Forgot to unlock it and my keys were upstairs. The neighbours love me.

Reactions: cuke2u
Your car needs a software update at the dealers. It's a know fault and give it a week of so and your alarm will start going off 30 seconds after you've locked the door. All updates are free as it's a known issue. did mine a month or so ado and since then it's been good as gold

@AndrewMD Which issue are you referring to, I think we have a couple raised in this thread :) ?

The app reporting the windows are open when they are not
and the alarm going off - This will happen a few weeks after the app is reporting the windows are open
Both issues connected to the cars software which just needs updating. My local Audi dealer took my car for the day and gave me a nice A6 while they fixed it. They even manged to lock the keys in the car, don't know how and I unlocked it via the app

Thanks for the warning, I guess the error has been present for almost two months now.

As an aside I once locked my keys, mobile phone and wallet in my last car. I ended up having to get a lift home a locksmith to break into my house to get the spare set.

1) Hold window button to open it fully.
2) release button 3) fully press and hold the button again for ~10 seconds. 4) repeat in the other direction.This will set the end stop positions in the window controller.

Reactions: L_G and DavidS-SA
I wonder whether that the 'long touch' opening of all the windows using the key wasn't working on Saturday is related to this problem.

Also had to reactivate the use google maps on the car again, bizarre.

2) release button 3) fully press and hold the button again for ~10 seconds. 4) repeat in the other direction.This will set the end stop positions in the window controller.

The near side rear door window was playing up yesterday so I tried resetting the limits and "mysteriously" the app is now correctly reporting the windows are closed again....

My etron just starting showing open windows although they were all closed... After doing the normal reset/reboot actions I tried the above "reset" to window stop positions. After each window was reset I tried the app again and after resetting the last window it worked! Thanks!

Just had the same issue - app showed a warning message but all the windows were fully closed. Car had been in the dealers last week to replace a faulty childlock which involved removing the door card so wondering if it was related to this.

Interestingly the long press function on the key didn’t work either so wonder if the fault related to this?

Tried the above which fixed the problem so thx for the tip. For others just to be really clear I may have been unlucky but had to do this on all four windows before the fault clear and the long press functionality was restored

Reading through the thread again I see the 'long press' for the windows wasn't working as post #31.

From memory I only reset the faulty window.

Hello guys,,
The app's open windows offer a welcome change of pace. They infuse the space with natural light and a feeling of digital connectedness. Like a virtual wind, it keeps everything welcoming and new.
gb whatsapp