Windscreen chips

wild westie

Reaction score
Is it me or does anyone else have the same problem, lots os small chips over the windscreen?

With mine I have noticed quite a few small indentations (not full-on chips) on the windscreen. Most noticeable after applying glass polish.

Possibly something to do with windscreens being thinner these days.

Me too :0/

Easiest to chip windscreen I have ever had on a car, surprising for an expensive motor!

I hate it when a rock flicks up and hits the car

Reactions: jerrygttdi and Macster
I recon the front end angle on the B8 is perfect....for stone chips that is!
Had my last B8 3 years and got through 3 windscreens!
Already got stone chips high up the bonnet and had a few stones ping off the screen

This is all just unfortunate, over the life of any vehicle these multiple small stone chips appear, all my cars have done it. If you have windcreen insurance get it swapped out, shouldn't effect you NCB.

This is all just unfortunate, over the life of any vehicle these multiple small stone chips appear, all my cars have done it. If you have windcreen insurance get it swapped out, shouldn't effect you NCB.

is this possible though if the screen is not broken and still legal in the insurance companys eyes?
or does a bigger stone have to accidentally cause a crack!

My old B6 S4's screen with 120k on the clock wasn't cracked or had a big chip just a very well coated peppering of these small minute chips. On a sunny day it was somewhat dangerous as it refracted the sunlight so I the insurance company agreed I could get it replaced.

Reactions: Keef
Thing is I'm not thrilled with auto glass etc.. replacements through the insurance.
First replacement was orginal Saint gobain glass, second was pilkington but last one was some cheap muck I'd never heard of.

Coincidentally, I hate to have the screen in my S4 B6 replaced too

My old B6 S4's screen with 120k on the clock wasn't cracked or had a big chip just a very well coated peppering of these small minute chips. On a sunny day it was somewhat dangerous as it refracted the sunlight so I the insurance company agreed I could get it replaced.

Suppose its worth an ask then as this is exactly what mine is like.