Facelift windscreen fogging issue

blackb9er

Reaction score
The windscreen on my A4 is driving me mad

It fogs up like crazy in any kind of wet or humid weather. It clears eventually when I hit the windscreen de-mist button but comes right back when it's off. It clears with the A/C on and fan speed around 4 comes right back when I switch A/C off so it means I have to keep it on and I end up with a cold car.

Anyone else had this or is it just mine? Never had this issue on any other car before.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I used to just leave mine on Auto all the time and it was fine. The car can still blow hot air with the AC on so you should never have an issue with that as long as the temperature is turned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very humid weather at the moment so any dampness introduced into the car can cause this. Hot bodies, damp clothing etc but not experienced anything unusual with my car. Don't set the heating to recycle, I leave mine on auto at 21c permanently, there is a humidity sensor inside the car and the CC will change the settings accordingly.
Climate is designed to be on all the time...

Reactions: CHEZ and Daggerit
Leave the AC on and adjust the temperature up. Don't use re-circulate option unless following something throwing soot out the back.
The system is designed to be left on, tuning off can cause problems long term.
Why Audi don't put in a heated screen option is beyond me.

its always left on. just fogged up ljke mad in rain and the only thing that worked was either the dimist or aircon button.

I've been leaving it in Auto recently as Cuke suggested and it seems to be fine now.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u and Andy101