Windscreen Replacement

DiZ88UK

Reaction score
Sadly I'm going to have to replace my windscreen on my new S3 and I was wondering if people had any recommendation for fitters in the Surrey/London area?

What do people normally do in this situation? Autoglass? National Windscreens? I'm nervous to use one of these as i figure its a bit of pot luck on how good the fitter will be on the day.

Any advice or recommenndation would be much appreciated.

Sadly I'm going to have to replace my windscreen on my new S3 and I was wondering if people had any recommendation for fitters in the Surrey/London area?

What do people normally do in this situation? Autoglass? National Windscreens? I'm nervous to use one of these as i figure its a bit of pot luck on how good the fitter will be on the day.

Any advice or recommenndation would be much appreciated.
Firstly you need to check with your insurer as sometimes if you don't use their approved repairer you not only have a higher excess but sometimes a limit on what they will pay as well.

You can also ask your insurer if they will allow you to use the Audi dealer or at least a genuine screen - Sometimes you have to pay a slightly higher excess for this

Speak to them first and explain the situation and see if they are prepared to assist you

Im changing my windscreen in 2 weeks with autoglass. Luckily i only paid £75 pounds as i had it insured. It costs around £1400 if you want to change it yourself, that’s what I’ve been quoted

My insurance for my previous car Volvo V40 listed autoglass as their go to replacer. A branch dropped on the screen I think, there was a long crack. So I paid the excess of £75 and they fitted a vague make (Fuyao) or something like that. No issues with sensors. I did feel the the glass made the car quieter. Thinking would have been should be worse as non Volvo glass, but anyway. However roll forward with the A3, with the same insurer, the windscreen excess is now £115 :(.

My Autoglass fitter was based in Gallion Reach close to City airport and took about 2.5-3 hrs in total.

Had auto glass do my wifes merc and to be fair to the guys they did a good job. All sensors, cameras were calibrated and everything worked as it should. When it was booked in they asked what option were on the car so they came prepared. Even brought a glass that had the sun-stripe which was another worry I had as not all of them had it.

I could be wrong but as the car is relatively new it's probably only OEM Audi windscreens they will be able to source anyway. I had this happen a few years back with an A4 - it was a direct like for like swap with same stamps and writing on it and that car had been in production for 2 years at that stage.

whats happen ? if you dont mind me asking , i think autoglass will be best also i heard its best if they swap in their place not on your place ,