Windscreen washer jets fan type

Seantdi

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the fan spray type jets to their b8?

I'm getting it hard to adjust the spray on my standard 3 nozzle ones and came across a video where a guy fitted ones off a newer a6.

Just wondering if anyone else has done it?

Yeah I’ve got them in mine I got them from Audi for about £22 for the pair. I believe they are off an a6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most Deffo. It should be the law to have fan style washer jets

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Seantdi
Yeah they really are so much better!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was amazed that the audi had the older nozzle type.
Even my 2004 skoda had the fan type

Mark at Brotek sells them, mate. I got a pair for mine and they are far superior to the stock 3-hole ones. A five minute upgrade.

https://brotek.co.uk/index.html

Reactions: Andy Butcher and Seantdi
Was amazed that the audi had the older nozzle type.
Even my 2004 skoda had the fan type
Even my 2002 Audi tt has fan type lol

4G0955987A & 4G0955988A
Fan spray washer jets from an A6

Reactions: AndrewW
I paid £22 for mine posted from Tom at Crewe Audi (parts request section) sold my original ones on eBay for £20 too. Great upgrade for the price!

Are spacers needed for this upgrade? I must have spent a good hour trying to set the original ones up when we first got the car it was a painful process :)

Mine were a straight swop in a facelift B8.

Reactions: DickoB8
Straight swap for the B8 but you will need a tiny torx key to adjust the height of the spray as when first fitted the spray hit the bonnet

Reactions: DickoB8 and ktmpedro220
Just bought a pair from Brotek. Says they will fit the B8 with no spacers needed.

Good stuff; I swapped mine as soon as I got the car. I'd done the saame swap on my B7; that involved fitting Passat nozzles with spacers, but as others have said, B8 is a like-for-like replacement.

My 3-jet washers seem blocked so this thread interests me. However I haven't got a clue what the fan style is. Can anyone direct me to a video link which shows them?

So 4G0955987A & 4G0955988A will fit my B8,5 S5 as "plug and play"?

Fan style

Fan style should be law

Thanks for the advice everyone - this is by far a better solution to my blocked jets than trying to clean them. The dealer wanted £36 plus VAT to do it!

Reactions: jdp1962
In that video, half the jet seems to be hitting the bonnet and a stream is running down.
Does that need adjusting with an allen key and if so does it still reach the top of the screen when driving?

Reactions: Marky007
Yes. When right. It covers 90% of the screen

Screenshot 20190810 185731 eBay
Screenshot 20190810 185742 eBay
Just bought mine off ebay genuine audi £12 each

Anyone know of any mod for the rear wiper set up as its impossible to set the rear two washer jets to give even coverage I end up squirting passing car windows instead of my own :D

I have mine pointed at the blade

Well the fan jets arrived yesterday and I had a bit of spare time today. Had the old ones off and the new ones on in 5 mins. Bit of adjustment was needed to get the water to hit the screen, but all in all a great improvement!

Best invention EVER

Mine arrived today. Has been raining all even since I got home. Hopefully get to swap them tomorrow evening

20190814 150032
mine arrived today with Cardiff audi invoice ......
Try fit them when rain stops :readit:

What height has everyone adjusted the nozzle to? Can't seem to find the sweet spot, either dribbles down the bonnet or over shoots the windscreen. I take it the "right" nozzle means driver side

9 quid including Vat each from my local tps

What height has everyone adjusted the nozzle to? Can't seem to find the sweet spot, either dribbles down the bonnet or over shoots the windscreen. I take it the "right" nozzle means driver side
my driver side was tricky to get just right. Same as yours it was either 2 high or low. Just had to stay adjusting it in quarter turns till I got it right.
Make sure the jet is fully clipped in 2