Windscreen washer jets fan type

Just fitted mine and passenger side is good drivers is bit low will correct them weekend .....
R is drivers side and L is passenger side @andymartin045
Could here hiss under car but that's another post

Hum, my older daughter collected her brand new Leon Cupra after work yesterday - and it has the 3 X pistol washers - when will VW Group run out of stocks of them!

Is it clockwise to raise jets up or anti-clockwise going to get them to spray bit higher :readit:

Can't remember but could be anti clockwise to rise them.
Turn them one way and you won't be long finding out!!

Reactions: Marky007
Fitted mine. I adjusted them for good coverage but then found that the back wall of my garage was wet! :haha:

So much better than the standard ones. I'm just surprised that I didn't learn about this mod until now.

Reactions: jdp1962
Fitted mine. I adjusted them for good coverage but then found that the back wall of my garage was wet! :haha:

So much better than the standard ones. I'm just surprised that I didn't learn about this mod until now.
At least you have a garage...... :sorry:

As I keep saying. Fan style should be LAW

People who have never had a car with them on, really don't know what they're missing out on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep agreed. Great little mod. Just fitted mine, direct swap on my 2016 B8.5 S5.

£20 delivered for the pair, genuine OEM from Crewe Audi Parts eBay store.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also just ordered two sets of these. One for mine and one for a friends B8 S4. £40 inc. VAT from Swansea Audi. It seems Swansea are a good price.

Yeah. Like I said. These part numbers are £9 inc vat each from the dealerships.

Just fitted mine, but they don’t appear quite as ‘fan’ as other cars I’ve driven (b5.5 Passat etc) as you can still see 3 jets per side, albeit with some spray also out of each

Reactions: Marky007 and HOGG
Just fitted mine, but they don’t appear quite as ‘fan’ as other cars I’ve driven (b5.5 Passat etc) as you can still see 3 jets per side, albeit with some spray also out of each

I agree. If you look at the unit, along side the square which mists the water there is a hole which sends that jet you can see. Still much better than the 3 jet rubbish.

This was 1 of the 1st mods I done as the 3 jet type 1s are horrendous! I agree with others that although they are an upgrade, they are not as good as some of the fan spray types out there.
I bought some like what 'Marky007' posted. They were a simple swap with no need for anything additional.
If there were any others (proper fan spray type) available without too much messing about, I would change them again!

My mk1 audi tt has proper fan style washer jets but they'll not fit the A4

My mk1 audi tt has proper fan style washer jets but they'll not fit the A4

My 2009 golf mk6 has proper fan type too

Reactions: HOGG
Take pics. They might fit the b7

Did this mod on my old B8 and the difference is unbelievable. Need to do it on my new one now.

Will also do it on my girlfriends A5, I’m not sure what’s going on with her jets but the car behind gets a better windscreen wash than hers and I keep forgetting to sort it

This week I had a brand new latest-generation A6 Avant as a courtesy car while the fuel rails were replaced on the S4. It was laden with the very latest in touch screen control systems and electronic trickery and gadgetry. I might eventually get used to this blizzard and bombardment of technology but in the short time I had the car, I hated it. I've written about that elsewhere, but the real point of mentioning it here is that in bizarre contrast, it had old-style water pistol washer jets. On a 2019 model release!!

Last edited:
This week I had a brand new latest-generation A6 Avant as a courtesy car while the fuel rails were replaced on the S4. It was laden with the very latest in touch screen control systems and electronic trickery and gadgetry. I might eventually get used to this blizzard and bombardment of technology but in the short time I had the car, I hated it. I've written about that elsewhere, but the real point of mentioning it here is that in bizarre contrast, it had old-style water pistol washer jets. On a 2019 model release!!

Unbelievable they’re still adding them to new models in 2019. I’d be interested to know if there’s a reason

My daughter insists that I take up the offer to drive her new Leon Cupra sometime soon as I am her "technical adviser" of all things carwise (her BF drives old Lotuses so can't assess modern cars?!), it is like that, and that is putting me off trying it, though that is what the future offers now, or did I mean present new cars offer now!

Edit:- maybe I should correct that, I'm probably expected to deal with warranty visits and service visits as I'm retired and she works full time!

I have a pair of these if anyone wanted them for £14 posted. Used for a day and taken off as didn’t like them.

I also have a pair that I had on for about a week. can send with Audi invoice. £15 posted.

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I've taken them off the car.
Happy to post them for £15.

So it wasn't 100% worth the upgrade????

I was messing

I have a set off a Passat which are fan and fit. £10 posted.

Attachments

• E9DCA090-29D3-44E1-B126-B5F394021B90.jpeg
    E9DCA090-29D3-44E1-B126-B5F394021B90.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
Ooh glad I read this, I'm about to trade in my S3 in a few days for a B8.5 Avant and I did this mod with the exact same part, so I'll put the original jets back in and use them on the new car :)

The parts listed in post 10 (by me) definitely fit a B8.5

Reactions: Bobby G