Windscreen washer jets

antowens

Car Nut
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can replace the windscreen washer jets on the B8

What i mean is that the Vectra i had before my B8 had same jets that sort of streamed at the window and the was a mod were the washer jets from an insignia could be swapped and this would give you a nice even mist in a fan shape

In my opinion this looks a million times better and works just as well

Anybody heard of anything like this ?

Thanks for any help

Yes you can change for the fan type, there is a thread somewhere from quite some time ago regarding this, but if I remember rightly ones from a vw maybe the Passat fit maybe worth a quick search as the thread has part numbers etc etc

Reactions: antowens
Yes you can change for the fan type, there is a thread somewhere from quite some time ago regarding this, but if I remember rightly ones from a vw maybe the Passat fit maybe worth a quick search as the thread has part numbers etc etc

I have just found the threads as you tagged me in them cheers mate this will be getting done tomorrow dam water pistols

It's a good cheap mod that I haven't got round to doing yet :( but it will help with the washer fluid lasting longer too won't it.

It's a good cheap mod that I haven't got round to doing yet :( but it will help with the washer fluid lasting longer too won't it.

Ye i think my car is a alcoholic drinks the stuff partly due to the headlight washer jets if you ask me

Reactions: SI-W85 and Point_Audi
Lol look on eBay think you can get 2 for around £25 I would buy but I'm insure on which model Passat etc to buy from if someone could kindly paste a link that would be very handy ;)

Yeah they're not cheap, great mod, just make sure they don't wobble to much in the fixing as some plenum covers aren't geared for the fitment & they move about a bit.

You could also check around a few breakers!! ;) .. My mate done that and got them for a tenner!lol

Is it really worth traipsing round a breakers just to save £20-£30 & then maybe find they have an issue, if the item was hundreds I would agree, but not this small amount :)

Yea I do agree NHN, it could be hit or miss. But £20 - £30 quid to spead on something else!lol

Reactions: NHN
Time is money mate, time wasted on searching breakers could also be worth something towards other things :)

Breakers are notorious at saying the parts in perfect condition & you get there & its ******** lol

Reactions: Point_Audi
Yeah they're not cheap, great mod, just make sure they don't wobble to much in the fixing as some plenum covers aren't geared for the fitment & they move about a bit.

What do you mean plenum covers ? They look exactly the same to me so should fit fine shouldnt they

Oh I know NHN, breakers can be fun!lol ..

They fit fine antownes, I fitted the same ones to my B6 A4 but they required some fixing to keep in place but the B8 was a straight swap! :thumbs up:

Reactions: NHN and antowens
Its just some cars have plenum covers that hold the jets in place & have different cutouts for the jets to fit into & aren't as snug as others, but as confirmed above they seem to fit fine.

I have a pair of fans that I had on my 2010 B8.
Perfect condition. Perfect fit.
£25 the pair inc P&P :)
PM me if interested please.

I have a pair of fans that I had on my 2010 B8.
Perfect condition. Perfect fit.
£25 the pair inc P&P :)
PM me if interested please.
I replied to your for sale in another thread Zafi where you were asking for £15 for them and said I'll have them, has the price gone up now lol

Reactions: mike60e and antowens
I fitted some before Christmas, was really disappointed to be honest. they barely got 1/3 of the way up the screen. I definitely had them fitted correctly and adjusted as high as possibly, but it wasn't working. Having said that, someone else has fitted them and posted a video and it looked okay.

Think that was me with the video!lol

Reactions: benjie
I replied to your for sale in another thread Zafi where you were asking for £15 for them and said I'll have them, has the price gone up now lol
Missed that, sorry. I dont read every thread. Sent you a PM.

BTW market prices may fluctuate, just like oil, interest rates etc ;)
You may lose your home if you do not keep up with payments.

Reactions: RS5 JON
No problem lol it's to be hoped market prices don't go as higher percentage rate as that though 66% increase I would say most of us will struggle to keep up ;) got your pm and sent payment cheers:thumbs up:

Got the washer jets and tonight got round to changing them and when I popped the first one off realised mine are heated and the ones I bought from Zafi aren't lol so if anybody wants to buy them give me a shout.

Lol, should have checked first!oj ... Ripping mate, did you stick them on anyhow to see what you thought of the spray?

Reactions: SI-W85
I know haha oh well, no I didn't bother I popped one off gave a big sigh and slammed the bonnet and went back in the house :( ha

Got the washer jets and tonight got round to changing them and when I popped the first one off realised mine are heated and the ones I bought from Zafi aren't lol so if anybody wants to buy them give me a shout.

I'll check if mine are heated and give u a shout. I hate the pistol style standard ones

Reactions: SI-W85
These have more than doubled in price in 2 years, got a price today from TPS. I wish i'd removed these from my last car :banghead:

Hi mate I'm interested in these but in out of the country at the moment will need to check if mine are heated or not. I'm back on the 2nd if u can hold till then? Cheers

Hi mate I'm interested in these but in out of the country at the moment will need to check if mine are heated or not. I'm back on the 2nd if u can hold till then? Cheers
Yes no problem at all, drop me a message when you get back :)

Just pop one off and they will have a wire running to them :)

Reactions: evans1089
I ran those jets on my car. The car had heated jets but i just left them disconnected. A fault came up first time i drove the car, but never came on again. So don't be put off using them on any B8.

Reactions: evans1089