Windscreen Washers died

Paul Atherton

Reaction score
Any idea which fuse and if any relay for widscreen washer pump on A6 C6 Allroad 3.0 TDI? No washer motor operation when I pull the stick, but headlight washers working OK. Cheers, Paul

Reactions: c16rkc
They're in the left dash fuse panel - if you have heated washer jets, that's 20 (5 amp) and the wiper system is 38 (30 amp). The headlight washers are fuse 36, so it'd make sense for them to still work even if the wiper system fuse is out.

There doesn't seem to be a separate fuse for the windscreen washer pump, but I could be wrong. Note that if the wipers work and the washer doesn't, that's probably a shot pump if it's not on a separate curcuit.

-S

Yes, the wipers are fine. So you saying the washer pump shares a fuse with the wipers themselves?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Looks like it, just going off the fuses. You could have an issue with a switch or a relay, or the pump. :)

Turned out to be the pump. The wheel arch liner had filled with mud/dirt and the washer bottle and pump was encased in it. The pump motor brushes had fallen apart. New pump fitted and good as new!