Windscreen wipers wont stop

Beef

Reaction score
Website
www.industrialaction.com
Yes I kid you not. When my wife rang me on a drive back from the South to tell me the wipers had suddenly started and would not switch off I presumed she'd probably got her handbag wrapped around the stick. Sadly not indeed the only way to stop the wipers is to pull the fuse.

Audi kindly sold us a replacement switch which I fitted last week. It made no difference. I even tried it with the switch completely removed - the wipers carry on.

There are 4 wires running to the wiper motor - there is a permanent 12V live feed to numbers 2 and 3 (green and green and black).

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Beef

Does it have a relay? or does it work straight off the switch?

Do you know, I've been wondering about that. I did in turn pull all the relays I could find under the dash but they did not make any difference. Come to think of it there are more in with the ECU - I might look there this evening.

I am very pleased to say the new relay has solved the problem. For anybody experiencing the same, the relay in question lives in the compartment under the passenger footwell (accessed from inside the car). Reference number 4BO 955 531 D. It is 60mm long by 60mm high with the number 602 on the top.