Wing Arm or RS Rotors ?

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok with this future mod in mind next spring and whilst our cars are covered in grit and snow too in a lot of places help me decide the pros and cons for both these 19 inch wheel options - both almost the same price from Audi and sometimes come up on popular auction sites. This will also help to get some decent 4 pots under there particularly fancy the TTRS 4 pot Brembos or the Revo/Alcon BBK. Would go for the 235/35/19 tyre option for both. Car is Daytona Grey so have these pictures for reference - sorry for the poor quality or if it's your car ! ......

1BZatWnE

1BZatWnE

xaK2GsAg

9dznTCRv

Reactions: MikeParkin
Both sets of wheels are nice but I think the Wing Arm's are the one's to have as the Rotors are a bit dated now.They have been out since the 8P model I think? :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Both sets of wheels are nice but I think the Wing Arm's are the one's to have as the Rotors are a bit dated now.They have been out since the 8P model I think? :friends:

Yeah that's true but I kinda like them for that reason. Put some black edition rotors on my Aruba Blue 8P and they looked the mutts danglies. Think the 8V rotors and slightly tweaked bit more hard edged if you like.

Wing arms look slightly bigger I think because the arm extends more into the hub and not sure if spokes are thinner showing more of the disc ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Rotors mate they look sportier,the wing arms suit the wedding cars far better

Reactions: cpc_s3, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
Rotors mate they look sportier,the wing arms suit the wedding cars far better
Are you in the market for placing some business my way Jassy??

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Yeah that's true but I kinda like them for that reason. Put some black edition rotors on my Aruba Blue 8P and they looked the mutts danglies. Think the 8V rotors and slightly tweaked bit more hard edged if you like.

Wing arms look slightly bigger I think because the arm extends more into the hub and not sure if spokes are thinner showing more of the disc ?
I admit that the rotors show a lot more disc and caliper.Does look cool with the RS disc set up..

Neither, but gun to head it would have to be the arm wing ones. Rotors are so dull and dated and are available on most Audi's over the last 5 years or so.
Much prefer the 19" twin spokes, or get a set of V Spokes (best wheels Audi do at the moment IMO) to really stand out.

Reactions: Scottk and Rob2k68
I like the wing arm - the rotors for 8V RS3 are a completely different casting and design but I do see the point that they have a dated feel as they are pretty much an evolution of the original. I loved my rotors on my 8P but only after I'd warmed to them - I desperately wanted to get the dealer to swap them for the earlier twin 5-spoke design.
Can't quite warm to the current design.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I like the wing arm - the rotors for 8V RS3 are a completely different casting and design but I do see the point that they have a dated feel as they are pretty much an evolution of the original. I loved my rotors on my 8P but only after I'd warmed to them - I desperately wanted to get the dealer to swap them for the earlier twin 5-spoke design.
Can't quite warm to the current design.
Correcto Mundo mate its a different cast /design for the 8V Rs3
Audi rs3 sportback 2 5 t fsi quattro 367ps s tronic 143870772 4
Audi RS3 Sportback MQB 8v 357
Audi rs3 sportback c842909072014173928 1

Reactions: Pinky1959, cpc_s3 and Rob2k68
I must say if I do go for an RS next I'll be speccing the standard whee option, then buying something aftermarket and swapping them!

Out of the two, rotors for me too Rob ;)

I take it yer not considering the standard S3 19's?

Reactions: cpc_s3 and Rob2k68
Out of the two, rotors for me too Rob ;)

I take it yer not considering the standard S3 19's?

Standard saloon 19s could be an option mate but would be very similar to what's on there now so a stealthy but very wife friendly option as she'd never tell the difference in a month of Sunday's lol !!!

Would definitely do the brake conversion if I swap wheels so also considering which would be the best match - not seen the wing arms or saloon 19s with that mod but it works well with the rotors.

Against the rotors think the other options match the Daytons grey perfectly are are lacquered to so top quality finish. Not sure of the finish on the rotors ?

Reactions: Simon L
Standard saloon 19s could be an option mate but would be very similar to what's on there now so a stealthy but very wife friendly option as she'd never tell the difference in a month of Sunday's lol !!!

Would definitely do the brake conversion if I swap wheels so also considering which would be the best match - not seen the wing arms or saloon 19s with that mod but it works well with the rotors.

Against the rotors think the other options match the Daytons grey perfectly are are lacquered to so top quality finish. Not sure of the finish on the rotors ?

Yeah, I guess if yer lashing a bit of dosh at it be nice to have a change!! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I like the high gloss black ones but l think yer a all grey geezer mate but look good on Nerdo lol
Audi exclusive rs3 audi forum 42

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Ok with this future mod in mind next spring and whilst our cars are covered in grit and snow too in a lot of places help me decide the pros and cons for both these 19 inch wheel options - both almost the same price from Audi and sometimes come up on popular auction sites. This will also help to get some decent 4 pots under there particularly fancy the TTRS 4 pot Brembos or the Revo/Alcon BBK. Would go for the 235/35/19 tyre option for both. Car is Daytona Grey so have these pictures for reference - sorry for the poor quality or if it's your car ! ......

1BZatWnE

1BZatWnE

xaK2GsAg

9dznTCRv

I totally go for wing ones - the ones I ordered on mine, but it's an A3.
Maybe rotors look sportier for S3... but still I think I'd prefer wings..

I'm totally bias....

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Eliot Ness
rotors look classic. on the blue the wing arms look better on the sepang than i have ever seen them but not a mssive fan.

I like the wing arm - the rota's look like your trying to make it look like an RS. The nicest wheel IMO i've seen to date was the grey BBS CH-R on the white 3-door on here. It looks stunning!
Also, beware of some 19" wheels which may still foul 4/6-pots due to spoke design and offset. The RS has a different offset and wider front track!

Out of those, definitely the rotors. I'm just not keen on the wing arms, but the rotors do make you look like a wannabe.

Reactions: cpc_s3 and Rob2k68
Soooo difficult !!!! Don't want to do the wanna be thing so good point - also wing arms are the standard 19" OEM wheel for the Sportback .......

Reactions: MikeParkin
So doesn't that make your mind up for you? If you going to be bothered to change them go for something completely different than what you can get as standard, IMHO. But then again I couldn't be bothered and like my standard S3 wheels anyway. :)

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68