wing mirror covers - removal

marriedblonde

Reaction score

Was there a thread a while back regarding the wing mirror covers on the A3 and how to remove them? Had a search and can't find it!

J.

You could park it on a busy and preferably narrow road with the mirror in unfolded position and wait for a truck to come by at full speed "gently" encountering your mirror. When the mirror reaches the farthest end towards the bonnet of the car, mother nature will apply all physics available so that the cover will conveniently pop up for you ready for extraction.
Sorry for the humor, it's just that this question reminded me of such an encounter.. Good thing the cover did not break, I was able to just click it back in position.

[ QUOTE ]

Was there a thread a while back regarding the wing mirror covers on the A3 and how to remove them? Had a search and can't find it!

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

you putting chrome ones on?

LOL @ patinipa I think I might give your go a miss!!!!

Schem,

I've bought some burshed ally ones thought they would look nice against the black paintwork and not too bling. Espescially as I'm going to get a very light tint put on.

J.

Where did you buy from? I'm thinking of replacing mine when it arrives

Bought them from a guy of ebay, only went for the hagus ones not the offical Audi proper ally ones as they are about £250 plus Vat - Ouch.

I'll let you know what they like when they arrive in the next day or so.

J.