Facelift Wing mirror dimming

Mastachaz

Reaction score
Hi guys
I did retrofit powerfolding mirrors , i found i have extra connector but no place to connect in on door

its for auto dimming , anyone can point me what im missing to get it work except mirror glass

[url=https://ibb.co/5Mjdh8w]
[/URL]

Yes the wires need running to the 8 pin interior auto dimming mirror

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mastachaz
Hi guys
I did retrofit powerfolding mirrors , i found i have extra connector but no place to connect in on door

its for auto dimming , anyone can point me what im missing to get it work except mirror glass

The extra connector you are holding is for the Side Assist indicator light. There is no place to connect it because you don't have the wires that come into the door from the radar modules when Side Assist is installed. Power folding retrofit kits seem to have all possible wires so the same mirror base can be used with most mirror configurations. Auto dimming wires are in included in the main harness, connected to the door module.

Auto dimming wires are in included in the main harness, connected to the door module.

Yes, the auto-dimming mirror wires are contained within your harness. It’s the pink and blue wires for auto-dimming function.

Last edited:
Yes, the auto-dimming mirror wires are contained within your harness. It’s the pink and blue wires for auto-dimming function.

AFAIK the pink and blue wires are connected to the mirror folding motor. Auto-dimming wires are a black and a black/grey or black/brown wires. Maybe you have confused two popular retrofits.

Reactions: s3mad_dude

AFAIK the pink and blue wires are connected to the mirror folding motor. Auto-dimming wires are a black and a black/grey or black/brown wires. Maybe you have confused two popular retrofits.

Oh I could’ve sworn it was pink/blue ones but maybe I have yes. Sorry, my bad OP.

The extra connector you are holding is for the Side Assist indicator light. There is no place to connect it because you don't have the wires that come into the door from the radar modules when Side Assist is installed. Power folding retrofit kits seem to have all possible wires so the same mirror base can be used with most mirror configurations. Auto dimming wires are in included in the main harness, connected to the door module.
do you think my module will be ok ?

do you think my module will be ok ?
I think so. Connection of the dimming mirrors seem to be a simple direct pass through the door modules, with no processing involved and no need for coding, so any "high" module is supposed to work fine.

I think so. Connection of the dimming mirrors seem to be a simple direct pass through the door modules, with no processing involved and no need for coding, so any "high" module is supposed to work fine.
How i can test them so i can found out

How i can test them so i can found out
The simplest way to test is completing the connections to the exterior and interior mirrors and check if they all dim. But if you still didn't finish the wiring, maybe you could apply a voltage to the input pins of the door module and check if the exterior mirror glass dims. It dims almost completely with 1.2 volts, so you might use an AA or AAA battery for the test.

i got rear view mirror dimming and wing mirrors wich has this option , and that all ,

do im missing something ?

i got rear view mirror dimming and wing mirrors wich has this option , and that all ,

do im missing something ?
If your car doesn't have dimming mirrors from factory, it probably doesn't have the wiring that connects the interior rearview mirror to the door modules. I think there is a thread about that retrofit in the forum that can be very helpful.