Wing mirror memory

Scream.UK

Reaction score
Evening folks, just taken delivery of my A6 yesterday and I'm loving the car so far. It's my first ever Audi so I'm learning the car slowly. One thing I'm struggling with is the memory setting for the wing mirrors. I currently have the mirrors set to fold when the car locks, and when I unlock it and drive off the mirrors are not where they should be. I have to hold the recall button on the door to get them to do that.

Anyone else having this issue or knows a workaround? Any help would be appreciated!

Did you set the position first by pressing the SET button, then holding the memory recall button until hearing the beep? (Page 75 of the manual).

Yep I've done that but it seems that the car resets to some unknown default because when I press the memory recall, the mirrors and the seats move to where I've set them to

Have you set a user profile in the MMI and set yourself as the key user?

That's a real puzzler, may be worth a visit to the dealership in that case....

You probably did this but anyway; on mine I simply have the mirror switch set to passenger side. Made sure it was angled where I wanted it for normal driving. Put it in reverse and it drops. Then staying in reverse I adjusted it lower, to where I wanted it to go down to. Back into forward and it then goes back to the driving position. I know uou have to leave the mirror switch on passenger side setting. This was the same as on my C7 & B8 A4. May not help but I thought I’d chip in.

Evening folks, just taken delivery of my A6 yesterday and I'm loving the car so far. It's my first ever Audi so I'm learning the car slowly. One thing I'm struggling with is the memory setting for the wing mirrors. I currently have the mirrors set to fold when the car locks, and when I unlock it and drive off the mirrors are not where they should be. I have to hold the recall button on the door to get them to do that.

Anyone else having this issue or knows a workaround? Any help would be appreciated!
Hi picked up my A6 today and was wondering how do you set mirrors to fold when locking? Thanks in advance.

All is explained on Page 38 of the manual. Option is under Car>Settings & Service>Central Locking and then scroll to bottom of screen

Reactions: Romi A6