Wing Mirrors Stolen - How Much?

SuperWhiteS3

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to find some little ****s have ripped my S3s wing mirrors clean off.

For those that have had this happen before, how much am I looking at to get them replaced? From what I can see they have ripped them off the base - will I need anything more than the wing mirror and mounting replaced?

ld be having a look on ebay for anyone selling in your area. Not sure about the whole units but audi where going to charge me 150 just for the mirror, one off. Sorry to hear this.

What a bunch of wxxkers, really boils my **** hearing this still.

As for new ones, well were they folded, dimming etc, if so they're about £900+.

If they ripped them of the base, then you need complete units I'm afraid as they've broken the alum casting piece aswell, really is becoming annoying owning a nice car these days.

PM me as I have a full set of alum mirrors for 04-08 cars, no they're not fresh of an S3, they're of my A3, fully functioning & they have all the options & an additional extra of the A6, including pillars, everything you'd need for replacements.

They're facelift LED but not electric folding. So I take it I am look at circa £1k to replace?

I have had a look, the mounting is sheered off, it is metallic in colour but feels plastic.

I hate to read this yet again. It put me off buying them because I didn't want to make myself a target or fuel the business by accidentally buying a stolen pair. Shame NHN's wont fit as they are well spec'd.

There is some in the classifieds for sale. Good Luck..

I know how it feels mate,heard the little shits do it to mine back in the summer. Gutted for you.
I claimed on the insurance,the bill came to £1116.00! ...and they weren't auto folding.

Are S3 mirrors actually metal or just silver paint ? Would it be possible to wire them up though an inverter or a transformer so any stealing ****s will still be laying by the car when the owner gets back ?

If it makes you feel better I had my Mirror Kicked clean off my M3 CSL last month too. They managed to ding the panel aswell. 3 of my mates were done too as we parked behind one another :mad:

Mine went about a month ago, same facelift version which look very similar to the S5 as well. The parts you'll need are the bases which bolt on to the door containing the main gubbins including the mirror glass adjustment motor and wiring. The LED strips come separately, you'll need the torx screws which locate them in the housing, then comes the chrome cap and finally the mirror glass. With a bit of haggling I got both sides for a shade under 600 quid. Audi quoted me 3 hours labour which would have taken the bill to a grand after I'd also had the dent man remove a small bit of damage.
I fitted mine myself, it's very easy

They're facelift LED but not electric folding. So I take it I am look at circa £1k to replace?

I have had a look, the mounting is sheered off, it is metallic in colour but feels plastic.

Ah thats a shame as mine arent facelift, they still fit but obviously lose the indicators.

I didn't want to make myself a target or fuel the business by accidentally buying a stolen pair. Shame NHN's wont fit as they are well spec'd.

At least mine arent stolen & yes they're well spec'd, infact dont get any better.

There is some in the classifieds for sale. Good Luck..

Where as I cant see them.

I claimed on the insurance,the bill came to £1116.00! ...and they weren't auto folding.

They're ridiculously expensive, but a £400 option on a new car, go figure, lol

Are S3 mirrors actually metal or just silver paint ? Would it be possible to wire them up though an inverter or a transformer so any stealing ****s will still be laying by the car when the owner gets back ?

They used to be completely solid alum, now they're alum plated plastic which tbh I prefer.

The inverter idea would be nice, but fear you'd end up in jail for killing a kid intrigued by a nice shiny object or a drunk having a pee :undwech:

If it makes you feel better I had my Mirror Kicked clean off my M3 CSL last month too.

Not at all mate, lol, any car that has vandalism is shocking, my VR6 had the mirror knocked of & this was in 97/98 & it cost me nearly £200 then, but this was a stupid driver, but goes to show costs involved, thing is if they're not the alum covers, you have paint/lacquering costs to pay, that alone isnt cheap either.

Mine went about a month ago, same facelift version which look very similar to the S5 as well. The parts you'll need are the bases which bolt on to the door containing the main gubbins including the mirror glass adjustment motor and wiring. The LED strips come separately, you'll need the torx screws which locate them in the housing, then comes the chrome cap and finally the mirror glass. With a bit of haggling I got both sides for a shade under 600 quid. Audi quoted me 3 hours labour which would have taken the bill to a grand after I'd also had the dent man remove a small bit of damage.
I fitted mine myself, it's very easy

Same covers yes & possibly motors as the A5 & A8 range, but pillars/fixings are different so not interchangable, been there got tshirt & video, lol.

I assume yours wernt dimming either cause even with a discount thats very cheap if dimming included, they're £15-250 each for dimming glass.

They used to be completely solid alum, now they're alum plated plastic which tbh I prefer.

I had solid aluminium mirrors on my S4.

I never realised the point of them until I clipped my mirror on a Focus coming the other way. Their mirror shattered into 1000 pieces, mine didn't even get scratched :)

What a bunch of wxxkers, really boils my **** hearing this still.

As for new ones, well were they folded, dimming etc, if so they're about £900+.

If they ripped them of the base, then you need complete units I'm afraid as they've broken the alum casting piece aswell, really is becoming annoying owning a nice car these days.

PM me as I have a full set of alum mirrors for 04-08 cars, no they're not fresh of an S3, they're of my A3, fully functioning & they have all the options & an additional extra of the A6, including pillars, everything you'd need for replacements.

Yes i couldnt agree more. My R32 and wifes JCW suffered more than most at my last house. Have now moved and two days into S3 ownership so hopefully ive left all those vandals behind...:angrymod:

Do we think getting different colour mirrors caps will put the gits off?

It will just be a case of pack up and move somewhere more affluent with Fort Knox security - seems to be society today. I don't want to replace them and wake up a few weeks later to see them go again.

Hard to know, it crossed my mind to replace them with a standard body coloured casing, or even a cheap pair of pre face-lift jobbies off eBay. Having replaced them with the originals I'm constantly wondering how long it will be before they disappear again.
The body coloured face lift ones end up a similar price once painted in case you're wondering