Wing mirrors won’t move

Andyl57

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m having an issue with my wing mirrors, as I live on a narrow road I want to fold them in when parked, I haven’t got the electric folding type but I cannot manually move them either, they’re solid. Am I doing something wrong, I’ve read through my owners guide and cannot find anything?

Thanks

Andy

Dare I suggest a bit of brute force? I've got the A5 B8.5 without electric wing mirrors and they do require a good shove to move them in.

If I remember correctly, they don't fold "in" as much as folding "up/round" - so maybe you are trying to force them in the wrong direction, try more of a rotating motion to fold them.

Reactions: daytonamart
As above, I had to fold mine this morning due to parking in a narrow street. Firm tap on the edge of the casing with the heel of your hand and it should go.

Success thank you all, yes they needed a bit more welly to go upwards, bit daunting when I’ve only had the car a week but all’s well:icon thumright:

Get some easing fluid in the pivot and work them until they are easier

Success thank you all, yes they needed a bit more welly to go upwards, bit daunting when I’ve only had the car a week but all’s well:icon thumright:
A week??? Time for your first retrofit! And you already know which one it's gonna be...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

are they definitely not power folding? as in there's no option for it on the control knob for them... I only ask as you can turn the power folding on/off in the MMI settings for central locking.

No they’re not sadly, just Left and Right movement and demist buttons, no folder at the bottom.

No they’re not sadly, just Left and Right movement and demist buttons, no folder at the bottom.

Okay, that’s a bit of a ******. Presumed you’d of checked and knew that already, but always worth checking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk