WINTER IS COMING - Wheel sealant of choice?

vag-tech

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.mbjarvie.co.uk
Took the chance to get the wheels prepped for winter protection.
Interested to know what y'all are using this winter to protect the old rims?
I'm on POORBOYS this time.

Unnamed

Mint rims wheel wax from auto finesse dirt just washed off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Elements R-Evolve. Can't beat it for durability.

Gtechniq C5 and CarPro DLUX are great as well.

Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine for me this winter, again :thumbs up:

Cheap and easy, plus had some left over from when I changed which wax I use on the bodywork

Finish Kare 1000p (FK1000p) :)

That's for everything behind the spokes (took the wheels off etc and did the backs)... everything on the 'face' already was coated with Koch Chemie 1K Nano sealant

Thanks for the input gents! That's me triple coated :)
We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Sandra
I have poorboys wheel sealant.
Just did my front two wheels last weekend.
Cleaned and removed old glue and tar gave them a right good clean and then also triple sealed.
Have the back two to do now.
Seems good stuff don't know how long it lasts though.

Collinite 845 for me.
Lasts and lasts and cracking stuff, heck, I even do the full car too with it.
Poorlads, smells nice but is not a patch on colly.
It tends to disappear quick and does not offer much repellant qualities, and it's pink

Reactions: Sean Byrne
Collinite 845 for me.
Lasts and lasts and cracking stuff, heck, I even do the full car too with it.
Poorlads, smells nice but is not a patch on colly.
It tends to disappear quick and does not offer much repellant qualities, and it's pink

It does smell nice, I will use it until it's done then try something new, maybe need to layer on a few more layers. Better than nothing, but it does get good reviews.

i'm going for some CarPro DLUX if I can get her indoors over Christmas

Reactions: scotty76
I've used Gtechniq C5 too, I'm on the fence about it to be honest...

PoorBoys for the price isn't bad. However I found to get best results you need multiple layers.

Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels with the occasional coat of AD Very Berry wheel sealant applied, although I did love Mint Rims...

Hi all, I have some spray on sealant that I want to apply at the weekend. The can says to avoid spraying on the brakes but I can't see how it's possible to avoid the discs unless I spray it onto a cloth and apply it that way. I'm happy to apply it that way but I'm imaging that I'd get a more even finish if I apply by spraying it on directly - is this the case and if so has anyone found a way/device to avoid spraying the brakes? Or shall I just use a cloth?? Many thanks.

Hi all, I have some spray on sealant that I want to apply at the weekend. The can says to avoid spraying on the brakes but I can't see how it's possible to avoid the discs unless I spray it onto a cloth and apply it that way. I'm happy to apply it that way but I'm imaging that I'd get a more even finish if I apply by spraying it on directly - is this the case and if so has anyone found a way/device to avoid spraying the brakes? Or shall I just use a cloth?? Many thanks.

Best to remove wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DKUK, dg-1984 and RS5 JON
Or if you don't want to remove the wheels spray it on a cloth as you suggest. It'll be fine.

Reactions: DKUK