Winter preparations

antwan

Reaction score
Just come in from doing the winter preps on the cars, I'm a month late as we have had a really mild November, but better late than never.

Apart from the usual wash, clay polish and waxing, An oil and filter change as well as checking the levels and an antifreeze flush and change ( safe to -37 c now, but if it gets that cold, I'm staying home) and I also sorted out the blocked jets in the screenwash, flushed the system through and a nice strong screenwash mix. It's nice to be able to see where I'm going.

Finally I fitted the winter wheels and tyres, the car feels a little strange on them, but I suppose its the difference between 19" and 17" rims and new winter tyres with 9mm tread depth, they should settle down after a few miles.

001.jpg

003.jpg

Another car and my van to go.

Definately marmite wheels but I really like them!
If you want to clay my car that would be great cause I'm struggeling to find the motivation......

I sprayed a set black for winter use - I feel like ive missed a trick now, i had thought about orange too..... :think:

I had a super duper deal, as I was getting a load of suspension arms and subfames blasted and powder coated in the same colour for the bosses impreza race car, and the wheels fell into the back of the van :whistle2:.