Winter Wheel and Tyres

Kev M

Reaction score
So who changes to Winter wheels & Tyres, and what do people run?

Depends on your engine/drivetrain.

Suitable alternate tyre sizes for your own model are listed on the pressure chart on the drivers door jam.

i have bought 17" A4 B8 SE wheels with 225/50/17 Dunlop Wintersport 4D tyres for a 2015 A4 2.0TDI S-line Black Edition.

255/35/19 v 225/50/17, wheels are the same as below. They're actually not the worst looking!

Last edited:
I have a B8.5 S-Line 2.0 Tdi

I run a set of SE wheels 7.5J x 17; ET 45 fitted with 225/50 R17 98V XL M+S CONTINENTAL WINTER CONTACT TS 830 P

The grip during braking is as impressive as traction.

I normally change in November/December then back again in March/April depending on weather

Iv got 4 A4 b8 SE wheels up for sale with the two fronts running winter tyres if anyone is interested.

Are those the ones with the indented/grooved spokes? Pics/price?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 243
I picked up some steels+winter tyres in germany last month to fit my B8 A4 3.0TDI Quattro.

They have +6mm on them and I paid €100 for the lot. Absolute bargain.

Should be unstoppable if the white stuff hits :D the problem will be everyone else still on summer tyres, getting stuck/driving at walking pace so they dont end up in a hedge.

Having driven on winter tyres before, i'm excited to try them on the A4. The grip is really reasuring in bad weather and quattro will mean i can have some fun too :)

Interesting test seeing they included a summer tyre and an all season. Good to see the nokian tyre does well. Probably the cheapest out of those tested but third overall. There is a good difference between summer and winter tyres in the dry,only to be expected but to me shows that you can't just fit one tyre all year round if you want the best in grip

Reactions: Gazwould
i've no idea how you all store these things, storing off my 255s would mean i wouldn't be able to get the car in the garage!

i've no idea how you all store these things, storing off my 255s would mean i wouldn't be able to get the car in the garage!

Ah yes had the same problem at my old house, ended up extending one of my sheds to store them. Luckily new house has a double garage

Stood in the corner of a garage stacked on top of each other they only take up a small amount of room. Even if my garage was empty I probably couldn't get the car in and be able to get out of the doors.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I picked up some steels+winter tyres in germany last month to fit my B8 A4 3.0TDI Quattro.

They have +6mm on them and I paid €100 for the lot. Absolute bargain.

Should be unstoppable if the white stuff hits :D the problem will be everyone else still on summer tyres, getting stuck/driving at walking pace so they dont end up in a hedge.

Having driven on winter tyres before, i'm excited to try them on the A4. The grip is really reasuring in bad weather and quattro will mean i can have some fun too :)

hi mate I'm looking too for a winter steel wheels with tyres, from where you bought the tyres?? do you know can this seller may have another set for sale?
or anybody know in around Birmingham where is the place with steel wheels. I think I need size 205 55 16 5x112 ET 39 not many places which I know have this size 5x112 ET39
thanks

Reactions: budynx
Ah well there's always the Audi offer of wheels and tyres for a bargain £1832.
Screenshot 2015 10 30 18 02 22

Got some 225/50/17 Apollo winters for sale (6mm) £35 a tyre if anyone interested!

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/steel-wheels/volkswagen/passat-variant/1-9tdi-pd-19815.
The above are et 41 only 2mm difference with a 57mm bore so won't fit a B8, do you want wheels for a B8 as you can get them from tyreleader as well.
If you have a look you could get a set of alloys for a similar price to steel wheels.
Karl

ok I checked on this website which wheels they got and I found this one
723a56be7f9e337b001d03336f574263.jpg

what do you think that will be suitable for my car.
thanks for your help and that website it's really good.

I have B8 A4 and looking for steel wheels for a winter set. mate do you know where from I can get correct wheels.

I have a set of S4 B8 18" (as in the audi pic above) that could be had for a reasonable price (no tyres)

Reactions: Keef