Winter Wheel Choice

I think you're missing the point of winter wheels: you need more tyre wall height to cope with winter pot-holes, etc. Plus higher profile tyres are cheaper!

17's are on the limit and 18's are pointless for winter wheels unless it's just a sacrificial set of wheels that you don't mind cracking to pieces, etc - but given your other wheels are reps, I'm not sure why you don't just buy another set of those.

I could not go down to 18's or 17's as stated before, 19's is the route for me. No snow here is S.Wales I did want to buy another set of LM reps but Merseyspeed could not supply the powder coated lip option in time also why would i chance getting my current LMs which are mint damaged by the grit. These 19" old rs4 style wheels only cost £400 with tyre's i also us the polo for work Mon-Fri.

I will alway's buy rep's as i'm alway's changing mind when it come's to wheel's 5 set's in 2.5 year's and counting also different ride hight's suites different wheels.

Ha like this thread a lot, my winter wheels are already fitted, bought my new wheels for the summer, which gives me a few months to get the RS4 wheels powder coated and tyred up. Can't wait to see what the ET33 fitment looks like, they will be right out in the arch.

This will give you some idea.

IMG_2177.jpg

Any problems with fouling? Quite often have a lot of weight in mine

No problem with rubbing. The pic was taken just after taking the car off the jack it sit even lower than that now.