Winter wheels

bigrich690

Reaction score
Thought id share a few pics of my winter wheels i put on this weekend, they are A5 wheels, wasnt too sure if theyd go on and fit well as they are ET29 and they're 8.5J wide and my car is lowered but they went on like a dream and sit beautifully in the arches, did have to go for a bit of stretch to maintain that clear arch smoothness so put some 225/40s on.

Front

Back

Wide

Far too posh for winter wheels....should be rusty as f*ck....and black steel 16's! hahahaha They look excellent Matey. Here's my studded Goodyear 16" winter jobs on my skanky Italian boots!

Drive Safe
BR
A

They sir really well in the arches Rich, spot on fella

nice winter set up there pal!

Cheers for the coments guys, yea i found them on the bay going cheap and had bought the tires for my previous 18"s and thought sod it, i'll see if these fit, turned out just right :)

Far too posh for winter wheels....should be rusty as f*ck....and black steel 16's! hahahaha They look excellent Matey. Here's my studded Goodyear 16" winter jobs on my skanky Italian boots!

Drive Safe
BR
A

at least they are still alloys lol bet your car is comfy as, could go offroading on them bad boys

at least they are still alloys lol bet your car is comfy as, could go offroading on them bad boys

Thanks Bigrich...You must have these on your car up here from 1st November till end of March...it da law!....I live in the armpit of no where so I need the studded verison ( Dubdeck ) to get up the hills and stuff when it's icey. If you are living in the City or Burbs most go for just the standard Winter boot called friction. Must say, after using them....if I lived back in the old country I would never think of driving in the cold months without them....amazing difference. Only hassle is I can't drive outside Denmark, Norway Finland and here with the studded versions. I have always used studded tyres since I moved here and on the A4, the drive is great and a lot quieter than I expected....only negative....not a drop of snow yet.....but only a matter of time up 'ere!
This was last year to give you an idea...what it's like!

.......Still love those wheels on your car....think they really suit the car and make it look very tasty.....Nice one.
Cheers
A

Last edited:
i found the same thing with my a5 17"'s on my a6, they fill the arches perfect :)

did you have to use spigot rings?

hello everyone, newbie here :)

Can't help but comment on this nice pair of wheels! That's a damn good one you got there..

it sure did :) i'm getting mine from ebay.de..not too much to spare..will post pics once installed..see ya!

Thought id share a few pics of my winter wheels i put on this weekend, they are A5 wheels, wasnt too sure if theyd go on and fit well as they are ET29 and they're 8.5J wide and my car is lowered but they went on like a dream and sit beautifully in the arches, did have to go for a bit of stretch to maintain that clear arch smoothness so put some 225/40s on.

View attachment 8425

View attachment 8426

View attachment 8427
That looks like the car wash next to Tesco's in Garforth.

Nice wheels

Cheers for the coments guys, yea i found them on the bay going cheap and had bought the tires for my previous 18"s and thought sod it, i'll see if these fit, turned out just right :)

Hi Rich

You bought these off me on Ebay!! Glad to see them fitted on such a nice car.

Alistair

Last edited: