Wiper Arms parked down further when ingition switch off

xaudi

Reaction score
Hi, Notice this in my 1.4tfsi p8. Wiper arms moves down to the plastic windshield when ignition switch off. It comes back to the windshield where it suppose to be parked. So what is the logic?

Yes I know that but why it goes down to same direction? It suppose to park other way meaning slightly up but not more down.

Yes I know that but why it goes down to same direction? It suppose to park other way meaning slightly up but not more down.

Can you post a short video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20210803 162104

Wipers are incorrectly set. Has it had a new windscreen or had the scuttle panel off recently?

Windscreen not being changed. Might be previous owner took off scuttle panel.

Thanks mate. Don't know how to go adjust those. Any doc or link.

Thanks mate. Don't know how to go adjust those. Any doc or link.

Crack the nut off on the arm, 13mm from memory. Use a wiper removal tool to get it off the spindle and readjust and tighten.

Crack the nut off on the arm, 13mm from memory. Use a wiper removal tool to get it off the spindle and readjust and tighten.

You don’t need a removal tool! Just put the wipes in service mode via the MMI, pull the wiper arm up and undo the 13mm nut and just wiggle the arm, it will come off easily. Reset the wipers to the parked position, turn off the ignition so they park in the lower position then reattach wiper arm in desired position and refit and tighten the nut. Job done!!

Ok guys will try those suggestions thanks

Reactions: Abi
You don’t need a removal tool! Just put the wipes in service mode via the MMI, pull the wiper arm up and undo the 13mm nut and just wiggle the arm, it will come off easily. Reset the wipers to the parked position, turn off the ignition so they park in the lower position then reattach wiper arm in desired position and refit and tighten the nut. Job done!!

And if the arm is seized onto the spindle?

Use a proper penetrating oil and wiper puller. When you refit the arms give the splines a coating of copper grease, they’ll never seize again.

Reactions: abmat