Wiper Blades

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All,

I don't have my car to hand and I need to get new wiper blades.
Does anybody know what size I would need and the best place to get them?
Thanks.

Eurocarparts are my usual choice. Either their Valeo or Bosch one are great and they usually have some discount offer. Free delivery and they take seconds to fit!

One suggestion that I would give is, try to find out which brand of blades are fitted at factory, normally Valeo or Bosch depending on VAG model type, then buy that part only if available without it coming as a "fit all" as they tend to "fit none" properly! If you can't identify which brand is fitted to your car at factory, info normally gleaned from forums, then get local Audi dealer to order in original parts and not just fob you off with "just as good" aftermarket parts which will end up being "fit none" types.

Next moan, at least for VW and Seat original replacement wipers is, they might be available as RHD and LHD but VAG can be lazy and supply LHD blades to a RHD market, but that is easy to handle if you accept that has happened as you just need to reverse some parts on some wipers - might be that these cars don't have these issues.

Initially spend a bit of time comparing what you have been sold with what is on the car - as long as it is still on its original wipers. Taking a bit of care now will avoid you getting annoyed with your under performing new wipers.

For cars built up to roughly March 2011, 8K2 955 425A (PASS) 509MM and 8K2 955 426A (DRV) 609MM

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Dont bother with Valeo, I fitted some in October. Now they are noisy and smeary, been like it for a few months.

going to go with PIAA ones next. Always been good on all other cars I've had

Dont bother with Valeo, I fitted some in October. Now they are noisy and smeary, been like it for a few months.

going to go with PIAA ones next. Always been good on all other cars I've had

i would go for bosch superplus ones from eurocarparts

My 2009 has 24" drivers side and 20" passenger side. I think I'll take a look at Eurocarparts as I just came back from Halfords and they wanted £32 for their own brand!!

(Just bought some from ECP. Bosch £17.80 incl. delivery using code MAY31)

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Dynamik and RS5 JON
Im looking to get some new wiper blades for the Dynamik but im unsure on what brand to get. I want the best ones possible. Any recommendations ?
Cheers

On my 54 plate A4 I have only ever put Audi on and I have only replaced them 3 times in 9 years .... but I see people seem to be buying Bosch ....

My 2009 has 24" drivers side and 20" passenger side. I think I'll take a look at Eurocarparts as I just came back from Halfords and they wanted £32 for their own brand!!

(Just bought some from ECP. Bosch £17.80 incl. delivery using code MAY31)

+ 1
Cheers for the heads up Stonefish, gr8 price.

JG

Thanks for the promo code :)
Just ordered my new Bosch wipers from Euro Car Parts.

Im looking to get some new wiper blades for the Dynamik but im unsure on what brand to get. I want the best ones possible. Any recommendations ?
Cheers
If you want the best, get piaa wipers. They coat the screen, it repels water and they can run dry with no noise or squeaking. Cost a bit though
About £45

I ordered Bosch from Ecp £18 on Monday received them today put them on and the windscreen is crystal clear again.

Random thread revival.... any view on what blades to get? How did the various ones people bought work out? @ScottishS3 how were the Bosch ones? They are £17.33 on Amazon at the moment.

I've noticed a few fine scratches on the screen so going to get them changed before things deteriorate. Only done 10k miles but would rather change often.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Maybe of interest, eurocarparts has 20% extra easter sale on just now, free delivery.

Reactions: scotty76
Maybe of interest, europarts has 20% extra easter sale on just now, free delivery.
Thanks JG. I did look there but the same Bosch Blades are £29.49 - 20% = £23.59 so Amazon still wins. :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
And today's comedy entry, thank you Audi... £47.64 inc VAT

Reactions: RS5 JON