Wireless Carplay Phone connect

Kjing

Reaction score
How does carlinkit work if you have 2 drivers that often use the car and want to use CarPlay when they are driving. My wife wants to have her phone connect when she is driving and I would like mine to connect when I am driving? does anyone have any experience with this? If so how does it work?
Thanks

Reactions: QuentinJohnson
One would have to disconnect. It can’t distinguish between devices.

Read up on these as there’s a lot of mixed reviews. Mine (carplay2air) was useless. Same technology in a different box.

One would have to disconnect. It can’t distinguish between devices.

Read up on these as there’s a lot of mixed reviews. Mine (carplay2air) was useless. Same technology in a different box.
So, it is right that carlinkit is the 'parent' of carplay2air, and is generally recommended.

Hi, I have one. it usually connects automatically with the last connection, but you can also choose which phone you want to connect to. That is not a problem, it is really a great device. A recommended one.
Sounds good. I have ordered the wireless carplay adapter and it should be arriving in 2 weeks. I will update once it is installed.

Update: I received carlinkit 3.0 last week, Delivery was on time. This adapter has been the perfect solution for us to be able to quickly and easily connect and utilize CarPlay. The set up was simple and straightforward. Functionality is spot-on allowing us to easily access all the apps we need during our commutes. Will highly recommend. Thanks

Update: I received carlinkit 3.0 last week, Delivery was on time. This adapter has been the perfect solution for us to be able to quickly and easily connect and utilize CarPlay. The set up was simple and straightforward. Functionality is spot-on allowing us to easily access all the apps we need during our commutes. Will highly recommend. Thanks