Wireless phone charging?

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Has anyone actually tried or uses the wireless phone charging on the FL A3? Does it work? How quick is it?

I've read very little about it tbh.

I have it and it works well. I have a Samsung S6. I use a wireless charger in the house and the car appears to charge at the same rate. Dont know exact timings but an hour ish will put on a decent amount of charge. The only drawback is that i find the A3 to have fairly limited storage and the wireless charging box minimises the available space between the seats.

Reactions: Vertigo1
I tried my brothers Samsung in it just to see if it works, as having an iPhone I wasn't able to test it myself!

I have the phone box in my A4 and it works ok, not particularly quick but then the supplied S8 charger is phenomenally quick. I like the way it tells me my phone is still in the vehicle though...

Reactions: seanbeckerleg
I specced it on my S3 (and on my RS3) but mainly because I want the two USB ports in the cubby - both connect to the Audi smartphone interface so you can switch between CarPlay/Android Auto if you have more than one phone - or have them both plugged in and out of the way.

As for the actual charging speed - no idea! - to use AA my S8+ is plugged in so it charged via the wire.

Reactions: Strangler2017
Works well with iPhone with a pad plugging into it even with a case on. Quicker to charge with the cable though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not measured the charging time but does as it says on the tin.

Use my Iphone 5S with a QI charging adapter pad (only a couple of £ on ebay or Amazon) that means I can still use a standard iphone case.

The QI pad has the advantage as its metal charging coils have enough magnetic material to be used with the Clearmount holder when I dont want to use the phone box charging

Reactions: Jassyo06
I use it for my iPhone with a Antye charging case, it works really well. Not measured rates v USB but haven't noticed it being slow.

I use mine all the time as my battery is rubbish, got a bit of a fright the 1st time the car started talking to me to tell me i left the phone in the vehicle though lol

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, Tom.H and 1 other person
I use mine all the time as my battery is rubbish, got a bit of a fright the 1st time the car started talking to me to tell me i left the phone in the vehicle though lol

That's quite a good feature, I had mine in there plugged in the other day and forgot until I opened the door lol

I love it when the car does that, bit of a party piece when new people are in the car

I use it with an iPhone 6S and the Audi case. Works well. Not sure of exact speed of charging but certainly more than enough to keep the phone topped up.

Another one here using it with an iPhone and case; I find that it charges a fair but quicker then my 'desktop' wireless charging pad, but still not as quick as wired of course. Great feature though, as soon as I get in the phone goes in the centre console, just a habit now.

I've used it, works well, though I tend to plug it in anyway to use Android Auto when my phone is in there.

I used it to charge a Samsung S6, after a 4 hour journey it gained around 15-20% battery and got extremely hot so haven't really used it much after that.

Its excellent. I have an iphone and bought the morphie case which includes the wireless ability and back up battery. It saves having any wires out (which I loathe) and charges pretty quick. Deal to full in 1 hr