wiring diagram/pint outs for phone prep

Garth_S3

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with the pin outs / wiring diagram for the factory phone kit in the A3 (may be the same as other Audis).

I have the factory phone prep in the centre armrest, but of course Audi don't do cradles for phones made this century!

I am going to make my own connection to a custom cradle, but need to know which are the pins for charging and which for connection to an external antenna.

I'm sure there's someone on here clever enough to provide this info. Cheers guys.

Alternately, does anyone have an old cradle (for any phone) for the generation 2 car kit that they would sell for a couple of quid? :D

Looks like I may be reverse engineering then! It should be easy if I can get a hold of a Nokia cradle. I can then get the pin outs for a nokia phone easily.
Why can't Audi just release the damn cradles for new phones??!!

I have been in tough with Paragon who make the components for Audi and they have told me that they have developed a cradle for my phone (Nokia 6300) but that it is up to Audi if/when they release it to the market.

Craig,

Where did you get the part number from? I asked Audi and they said that cradle for a Nokia 6300 is definately not available, which has been repeated by Paragon.

Are you sure that is the part number for a 6300 and not something like a 6310?

You're right, that part number is correct! They do do it, BUT... all it does is charge the phone! No external antenna connection and no connectivity. Not worth it for £100. I'll buy a charger for £5 instead

Actually I just saw the cradle, it does do external antenna and power from what I can see, it has two connectors, one for the power and the other looks like it is for the antenna.

I don't get how Audi can have such crap communictaion. I just spent 10 mins on the phone to my local dealer and the guy read the full spec of teh cradle to me and insisted that it had no connection to car kit or external antenna. The blurb read: "connection made via bluetooth and provides no connection to GSM antenna".

What is the score here???

It could be the case, the larger center connector could be just for guidance & support as the power connectors on the new nokias are very slim.