Wiring for speakers

watters1996

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me.

Today I tried to install an aftermarket radio into my 2005 convertible, and my plan was to run new speaker wire from the rear speakers and wire it in to the harness for the radio, thus circumventing the issues regarding getting the rear speakers to work.

Problem is, the big speakers in the 2 front doors also stopped working, and the only sound coming out of the new radio when I was testing the my wiring for the electrics is through the tweeters/dash speakers which was a very tiny sound with no mid/bass.

It turns out the rear speakers, subwoofer and the 2 speakers in the doors are all ran off of the factory amplifier, with only the dash speakers running off of the radio.
(tested this by plugging the Symphony 2 back in without the connector that goes to the amp and the 4 big speakers didn't come on)

Would any one know where to find the amplifier in the convertible so that I can see about taking the wires that go from the amp to the speakers, and connecting the speakers straight up to the new headunit until I can wire up a better amplifier?

Cheers