WMI nozzle placement

Nathan Barnes

Reaction score
I am planning to weld in the boss for my WMI nozzle where the "X" is marked. It is a couple of inches from the outlet of the IC facing straight down, perpendicular to the floor (the pipe is in exactly the same orientation in the photo as it is mounted on the car) . Does that look right? Someone I asked today said they are often fitted at a 45degrees (i.e not firing straight downwards?)

I seem to remember someone saying (I can't remember who though, sorry) that it would get it a better chance of atomisation (and therefore cooling) the further away it was away from the inlet manifold? If so, is this the right place to put it?

1rydmw.jpg

two schools of thought on this..
after intercooler, close to its outlet, so to allow more travel time for the cooling effect to happen.

after throttle body to increase octane

or BOTH...

I favour on single nozzle install post intercooler myself

Thanks Bill.

With regards to nozzle orientation, I found a pic earlier this morning that Welly had posted during his install. It is pretty much in the same place as I'm suggesting, so I'm going to go ahead at weld it in firing directly towards the floor.

Once again, thumbs up to this forum! I'm not sure this build would be happening at all if you guys weren't such a great source of information. Kudos to everyone who has posted detailed "How To" guides over the years :anbet:

it goes direct into the side of the pipe no angle just straight in. (just make sure the nozzle spray cone is not shrouded by the threaded portion or weldment however you attach it to the pipe, as the nice fine spray mist you will get gets interrupted and turned into "blobby" globules if the spray cone catches the edges of the pipe)

Whilst the wmi nozzle should be mounted radially is there a preference as to whether it should come through the roof of the pipe, the side wall or at a 45deg angle as suggested?