Woohoo allowed to buy A6 but....

ld2130

Reaction score
TL;DR What spec has the rear parking camera?

So after 10 years of happy A4 ownership it was "decided" that the slightly smoke belching 2.5TDi (160K) should be replaced a sensible family car, it was French with 7 seats. Needless to say the experiment has been a disaster, even the wife who doesn't care much for cars hates it! I was angling for an A6 before but she said it was too big. Now after driving the bus for 18 months, she said I can buy what I like, as long as it has rear parking camera.

So I've now got my heart set on a ~2013 bitdi avant, but it needs to have the parking camera.

Thanks for any help
Lee

Look at getting the reversing camera retrofitted. It'll mean you have a much great choice of cars

+1 on this!!

It looks like Hazzy Dayz retrofit them for anything for £725+VAT to ~£2000+VAT.... depending on what you want and what's on the car already. I know it's not quite the same, but the 360deg sensors that you get on the self-parking optional extra are pretty incredible - I wouldn't get them retrofitted to a car (about £1200!), but if it doesn't HAVE to be a camera, then maybe worth looking out for a car with those already?

I swapped out my A4 V6 TDI quattro sport when it hit ~150k.... and mostly 'cos I needed to fit three child seats on the rear bench. I looked it up the other day and it's done ~200k now, so half the mileage has been with a 220bhp remap :)

+1 on this!!

It looks like Hazzy Dayz retrofit them for anything for £725+VAT to ~£2000+VAT.... depending on what you want and what's on the car already. I know it's not quite the same, but the 360deg sensors that you get on the self-parking optional extra are pretty incredible - I wouldn't get them retrofitted to a car (about £1200!), but if it doesn't HAVE to be a camera, then maybe worth looking out for a car with those already?

I swapped out my A4 V6 TDI quattro sport when it hit ~150k.... and mostly 'cos I needed to fit three child seats on the rear bench. I looked it up the other day and it's done ~200k now, so half the mileage has been with a 220bhp remap :)
@DJAlix can also help with a retrofit of OEM parts, and code them up. His blog is here (posts #5 and #6 talk about this exact retrofit)