Worst experience ever.

Glad that you've had a better outcome that I thought you were going to.

Now get it insured! :icon_thumright:

YES!! :applaus:

You deserved a bit of luck after going through that.

Andy.

Mate firstly sorry to hear all the **** that you've been through, but main thing was the family and yourself were ok, and secondly the car is back to its rightful owner!

That is excellent news for you and your family.

Now you can hopefully put it behind you and enjoy christmas now

Just thought i would let everyone know ....

My car has turned up in Liverpool !

I am over the moon , and thank you all for the kind wishes.
Minor damage , broken indicator light and bump on front front bumper , nothing to worry about.

I really did not think i would see it again , but there is a god !

It all looked very bad at the beginning, but I'm glad it all worked out ok for you. Have a great Christmas now!

I am over the moon for you mate. Fantastic news getting it back and even better news there is only a bit of cosmetic damage. I would inform the insurance company that the car has been found, then promptly tell them to go f*&k themselves if they try and sell you insurance for this year!!

Great news Patrick, I'm made up for you.

As a few others have said I'm guessing the first thing will be getting it insured.

I guess you were not lucky enough to get the S3 wheels back with the car, but I'm sure that is the least of your worries?

Excellent news - glad it's turned up - hopefully you can enjoy Christmas now.

Thats brilliant news and under the circumstance's, the best outcome on this occasion.

Glad to see there is a 'happier' ending to this for you Cypric. Sounds like you've been through the mill a bit. At least no-one was hurt and you got your car back more or less intact!

Now get the ****** thing insured ;)

Hope you and the family have a good xmas, all the best.

Great news - I also felt sick reading your thread until I got to the end! What a relief.

God is watching alright ;)

I'm happy for you dude, now get some insurance or I will find you and make you buy a policy...with legal cover and courtesy car cover!!!:footy:

so i collected the car from liverpool at 4pm , inside a warehouse that was littered with audi cars , some with serious damage , back or front totally smashed in ( ram raid )
The police say that they usually leave the car about a week before they do anything to see if there is a tracker.In my case there was not , but they had changed the plates.
They will not tell me much at all , in fact very little apart from they found it parked up locked in liverpool 32 postcode.Left nothing inside it all , in fact was quite clean and tidy.
No damage to wheels , only damage is rear back light and a scrape on the rear bumper, must be **** drivers as it has all round parking sensors ! Including reversing camera.
Car is now fully insured (different company ! ) Thanks again for the wishes in what has been a hell of a week. Truly without the forum i would of gone even more crazy.

so i collected the car from liverpool at 4pm , inside a warehouse that was littered with audi cars , some with serious damage , back or front totally smashed in ( ram raid )
The police say that they usually leave the car about a week before they do anything to see if there is a tracker.In my case there was not , but they had changed the plates.
They will not tell me much at all , in fact very little apart from they found it parked up locked in liverpool 32 postcode.Left nothing inside it all , in fact was quite clean and tidy.
No damage to wheels , only damage is rear back light and a scrape on the rear bumper, must be **** drivers as it has all round parking sensors ! Including reversing camera.
Car is now fully insured (different company ! ) Thanks again for the wishes in what has been a hell of a week. Truly without the forum i would of gone even more crazy.

absolutely brilliant news!!!

Must be a huge weight off your shoulders bud. Does the fact that they found the warehouse mean it was a big raid or something?

Good news mate, how do u feel towards the car? I guess if it looks in good nick still it wont bring too many bad thoughts. If that was me i'm not sure how i'd feel, i guess the being stolen and recovered bit isn't the bad feelings, its whatever the condition its returned in which makes you not want the car back

Must be a huge weight off your shoulders bud. Does the fact that they found the warehouse mean it was a big raid or something?

I think by warehouse he means the warehouse is usually where the cops store the cars and im surprised they let you in.

They are usually secretive and let no one inside.

Sorry no the warehouse was the recovery compound, i did not make it clear.

it was just the fact that most of the stolen cars that where recovered , seemed to be Audi's. A guy at the recovery warehouse says that 2 out 3 last few weeks have been audi. Quite a worry really.

Mainly high performance s3 , s4 etc or suv...
All taken with keys , either found with tracker's or simply dumped after a robbery.

Quite sad

TBC, i dont feel any less satisfied with it as it was clean and tidy , no locks hanging out and smashed glass if you know what i mean , that may have put a different spin on if it had.

I do have a question though ...

It has been stolen but no insurance claim against it and no repairs , in the fact that it was not insured and therefore no insurance company has logged the incident will it be on any cat list ???

I think by warehouse he means the warehouse is usually where the cops store the cars and im surprised they let you in.

They are usually secretive and let no one inside.

Yes they did say on the phone that i could not come in as some of the cars are used in evidence for sensitive crimes..

When i went to get it they where literally just closing and they sent me round the back as a person would pull it round for me , but as i went around the corner the shutters where just opening and i walked in swiftly met by the guy who was just about to drive mine out , so he stopped and we had a quick chat , i was only a few feet inside and it was quite a sad view TBH

Last edited:
The 3door S models are usually transported or broken into parts and sold (notice parts come up on ebay every now and then?), the 4 door S/RS are for doing crimes that require speed and performance for 4 criminals.

Indeed it is sad, each car carries a long term damage of emotional pain on each and every owner.

There shouldn't be anything that comes up when the car is up for sale or whatever you plan to do with it, even when a car is stolen and recovered then repaired it shouldn't show up unless its been wrote off - at least from other peoples experience I gathered this.

The 3door S models are usually transported or broken into parts and sold (notice parts come up on ebay every now and then?), the 4 door S/RS are for doing crimes that require speed and performance for 4 criminals.

Indeed it is sad, each car carries a long term damage of emotional pain on each and every owner.

There shouldn't be anything that comes up when the car is up for sale or whatever you plan to do with it, even when a car is stolen and recovered then repaired it shouldn't show up unless its been wrote off - at least from other peoples experience I gathered this.

Yeah thats what i thought , the guy said the same about stolen for parts and speed for crime.

Regarding the cat list , just been reading online and it's only added if there is an insurance payout.

Ooooh yes I see.

It has been stolen but no insurance claim against it and no repairs , in the fact that it was not insured and therefore no insurance company has logged the incident will it be on any cat list ???

Interesting question! Fingers crossed it's not.

Are you thinking of selling it?

I thought i was going mental then staz, subtle sig change :nunu:

Sometimes cars are parked up as they're checked to see if there's a tracker fitted

I guess thats wht happened with yours

Unfortunalty, thats what happens quite a lot - We've had a ****** aston martin parked on our street and it was picked up by the police a few hours later as it had a tracker.

it was just the fact that most of the stolen cars that where recovered , seemed to be Audi's. A guy at the recovery warehouse says that 2 out 3 last few weeks have been audi. Quite a worry really.

Mainly high performance s3 , s4 etc or suv...
All taken with keys , either found with tracker's or simply dumped after a robbery.

Quite sad

TBC, i dont feel any less satisfied with it as it was clean and tidy , no locks hanging out and smashed glass if you know what i mean , that may have put a different spin on if it had.

I do have a question though ...

Glad its back as per PM.

It wont be recorded on any database or anything - no one will no is ever been stolen as its not been claimed.

May be worth anyone that posted up details of the car being stolen to remove the reg and car details off the other forums so that it has no history and wont affect resale value for Patrick.

TBH, you have no reason to be any less satisfied. It's probably just been taken down the M62 for 30 or so miles and parked up so doubt its been ragged, wheelspinned or anything mate - i bet the mechanics down at Audi probably drive it harder so just enjoy it - you spent all that hard earned cash so you have no reason not to!

Did you get the original keys back btw? Or will you have to pay for new locks/keys? Either way, im sure the minor damage and keys is a small price to pay!

Hey dude! Sorry to hear what you went through, it's awful but very happy to see an audi back in it's owners arms! :arco: But what worries me the most is that all these people are stealing audi's... high market value!! I'd take that car and get a tracker on it. These scums of the earth don't realise the distress they cause people when they become selfish! Did the police say anything about any gangs stealing these cars and why they think it was because? It's too much of a coincidence that all of a sudden all these audi's are stolen?? RS4, S3, Q5, S4's etc...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article1873264.ece
Just seen that and that was in 2007!! I asked one of my mates working for the police and he said that there are more crimes in car key theft Especially audis and mercs now. Thats in the cov area anyhow.

Keep your keys safe lads! :ninja:

More I think about it, more worried I get. I used to frequency leave my old car in a train station car park over night, sometimes for 2-3 nights, never do that anymore - not that it really makes a difference, but I feel happy knowing it's just outside the house. Scary times indeed. I guess just don't think about it. I think you're extremely unlucky to be targetted, if you think of all the Audi owners across the country, even in the NW.

I saw this thread title a few days ago and (now feeling guilty) ignored it as I thought it was just another "poor customer service" type thread.

As I read pages 1-3, my heart sank - not just for your loss at the time, but also because of having a little one and wife to look after... you just don't need that kind of thing with a 6 week old baby! I've got a 3 week old baby and wife sleeping safely upstairs and I can't imagine the stress that having our car stolen - and uninsured - would add. It's great news that the car was found and I bet you won't mind paying for a few scrapes to be sorted after facing a total loss in the worst sense.

Looking at it in the round, the one thing everyone said was that you, your baby and your wife (not to mention your house and your dog) were ok. They are the most important things and if you've learnt anything - apart from to renew you insurance on time - it is that cars can eventually be replaced, but people can't.

I'm sure this will leave you more wary, but also glad that as Christmas approaches, all is well again in the household.

Great news mate! I can imagine how happy you were when you found out they found it!!

Just thought i would let everyone know ....

My car has turned up in Liverpool !

I am over the moon , and thank you all for the kind wishes.
Minor damage , broken indicator light and bump on front front bumper , nothing to worry about.

I really did not think i would see it again , but there is a god !

There is a Santa Claus after all - the best xmas present ever eh?!