Wot to do with the engine Ive jus bought ????

AARON77

Reaction score
Just bought an 09 S3 engine complete, also go the drive shafts,subframe,box,front diff,rear diff,haldex,propShaft
I'm thinking a Leary track day car coming on mk1/mk2 golf maybe ????

vauxhall nova sorry lol. sounds like a space ship or somthing :O sorryyy

Rover 25 5 door :) bit of rust on rear arch...

Reactions: Blackcupraa
Austin Allegro all the way... mind you if you don't know what a Nova is...:)

newbi hi guys i need sum help.i have a 1.8 se avant w reg and a 1.8 se avant y reg,ive took the engine ecu, clocks, ignition barrel,and door locks,out of the y reg audi and put them in the w reg audi. the car starts fine and revs right up no probs but when i get out on the road and try to speed up the car is slugish struggels to build up speed like its miss fireing. do i need to get the ecu and things reset? the y reg engine code is avv008824 / the w reg is apt060152. thx

I often do wonder how much of an op it would be to put into an 8L, I mean a stage1 remap would give you 300bhp instantly, with a few tweaks here and there, it's 330bhp with standard internals isn't it?

I've seen the conversion done in a mk2 golf with fwd only, so I'm guessing it's possible, but does the 4wd and stuff all line up?

They can run about 360bhp on standard internals, thats stage 2+ power.

I personally wouldnt put it in a 8L. Its to heavy, put it in a MK1 or 2 the power to weight ratio would be immense with a remap and you can pick a MK1 or 2 for peanuts too.

Put it in the 8L that would be an interesting project!
Failing that MK1 Elise would be epic! i know some people have stuck the 1.8t engine in the elise and thats pretty mental, but new s3 engine would make for a definite supercar killer!

uses the same mount's as the 8L chassis cars only problem is turbo/firewall clearance, nothing a hammer can't fix if you're committed.... there are a few MK1, MK2 golfs/jetta's that i know of that we've done immo off for and with a K04 and STG2+ there isn't much they can't keep up with ;-)

the Elise we were involved with along side PSR was also savage!

uses the same mount's as the 8L chassis cars only problem is turbo/firewall clearance, nothing a hammer can't fix if you're committed.... there are a few MK1, MK2 golfs/jetta's that i know of that we've done immo off for and with a K04 and STG2+ there isn't much they can't keep up with ;-)

the Elise we were involved with along side PSR was also savage!

Se we know the engine fits then! :) Does the 4wd/transfer box line up with the original Haldex system or do you need to use the 4wd running gear from an 8P for it to work I wonder?

For the sake of simplicity I'd use the 8L gearbox etc and just use the 2.0 engine :)

im sure the 8L is lighter than the 8P....wack it in there :)

My S3 is staying just as it is I think??? It runs really well at 330 bhp so I'm quite happy with ole girl, so just wanna find something a lot lighter to transplant the 8p in???

In an Audi 50...

audi-50.jpg

My S3 is staying just as it is I think??? It runs really well at 330 bhp so I'm quite happy with ole girl, so just wanna find something a lot lighter to transplant the 8p in???

270 bhp, 330 bhp when on NOS...?