Would you believe it!

audi_girl

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Half way to Manchester and my indicators fail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have now officially had ENOUGH of this car!

What do you think the chances are of either Audi UK, or my leasing company, taking the car back !?

I've had it since September and so far:
<ul type="square"> [*]Coil Pack failure - broke down in Manchester [*]Cam Belt &amp; Timing Chain [*]Major oil leak (caused by dealer during cam belt change) [*]Another coil pack failure - broke down near Warwick [*]2 DV failures [*]Faulty door mechanism caused scratch down drivers window [*]Faulty boot mechanism - wouldn't open, opened on its own, wouldn't close - took over a week to fix [*]Buckled wheel not spotted by dealer until pointed out by AmD [*]Misplaced engine cover during coil pack replacement [*]Faulty boot struts [*]And now faulty indicators, and it looks like the boot mechanism is on the way out. Also another faulty door mechanism, possible an air mass meter / DV failure, and the issue with rev's not dropping properly [/list]

What do you reckon my chances of getting them to take it off my hands!

Not right is it, not for a car Reg in Sept 2001 ! Not even 2 years old !!!!!!

Sorry to hear that Jo, bet your feeling a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

The best thing to do would probably to talk to whoever deals with the lease/fleet cars at your firm. They can then take up the problems with the leasing company and can use the power they have over the leasing account manager who wants to keeps your company as a client. The leasing companies have huge hold over car companies and so you could find that you may win very easily by trying out that route.

If your fleet manager is not on your side you are better not to involve him as you may end up driving round in a lovely Vectra!

Good luck with it!

Jo, unfortunately I don't think the problems Kitty has had have been 'serious' enough to warrant the car being taken back by Audi.
A few have them have been problems/issues that are to do with the quality of the work carried out by the dealer.
Coil packs don't really count now. And the others aren't really looked at as 'serious', just inconvenient...
Go for it with the whole company car/inconvenience/reliability thing and see what the lease company do. But chances are they won't give you another S3... But, as loing as it's not another Vectra (oh, I cannot believe I just capitalised the 'V' in vectra...)

LxXx

I agree about Audi - what annoys me is that although the problems aren't life threatening or anything, it's not the standard of workmanship and quality you expect from a c.27,000 car !

I might go for the leasing company and see if they can opt me out and buy something myself (although that's daunting on 35k miles a year!)