Wrapping the alloys...?

Jamie_88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody had their alloys wrapped? If so is it worth it?

I'm just looking for an external reversible mod I can have before I give the car back next year. I was thinking of getting a chrome black wrap for the 18" alloys. Obviously chrome black alloys themselves would look better but I don't want to shell out too much given the car will be going back next year!

Thank you guys :)

You cant wrap wheels!? ......Surely not!!!

Plastidip is cool until it peels off....

So they guy I got my grill wrapped from wraps wheels
Dosent look too bad

Attachments

• IMG_2238.PNG
    IMG_2238.PNG
    545 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2239.PNG
    IMG_2239.PNG
    529.6 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: RSS-S3
That looks pretty good! Thanks for the suggestions guys :) It's just something to mod that I can reverse when the car goes back. The S3/RS3 next will have the full sha-bang! :D A place near me in Cardiff do wraps which includes the wheels for a relatively good price. As my car is mythos black I was thinking of black wheels... and then maybe go a little further and get the windows tinted (I will get the privacy glass option next time!) which should make it look quite stealthy...

That looks pretty good! Thanks for the suggestions guys :) It's just something to mod that I can reverse when the car goes back. The S3/RS3 next will have the full sha-bang! :D A place near me in Cardiff do wraps which includes the wheels for a relatively good price. As my car is mythos black I was thinking of black wheels... and then maybe go a little further and get the windows tinted (I will get the privacy glass option next time!) which should make it look quite stealthy...

If you're on about Cardiff tints I've heard really good things about them. If it's South Wales autorwap then I'd be careful.

Personally I've had wing mirrors wrapped at Autowrap and they were perfect but recently on Facebook I'd seen a huge horror story on someones Focus RS where their workman ship was shoddy and caused quite a bit of damage to the car!

Reactions: Jamie_88
If you're on about Cardiff tints I've heard really good things about them. If it's South Wales autorwap then I'd be careful.

Personally I've had wing mirrors wrapped at Autowrap and they were perfect but recently on Facebook I'd seen a huge horror story on someones Focus RS where their workman ship was shoddy and caused quite a bit of damage to the car!
Yep, that's the one! I've checked out their website and there are some really good images of the work they've done and it looks pretty good to me. Ah jeez! Perhaps I'll avoid them then... although I know you had a good experience with them.

Sounds like a cool idea! what alloys do you have? make sure you put some photos up once you get it done, I'd be interested to see how they turn out.

Reactions: Jamie_88
Yep, that's the one! I've checked out their website and there are some really good images of the work they've done and it looks pretty good to me. Ah jeez! Perhaps I'll avoid them then... although I know you had a good experience with them.

Come to think of it I had my windows tinted in Cardiff Tints many moons ago. Josh was the guy, knows his stuff and it was a really good price! So give it a go :)