Wrapping

The Ironist

Reaction score
A3 Sportback being delivered in March and after seeing a few very nice matt black cars in London this week have started to think about wrapping it.

I've spotted a few wrapped cars about the forum but no thread solely for this.

Have many people had this done? Pictures?

Does anyone know a good wrapper in Gloucestershire area?

Definitely looking to wrap instead of dip.

Got to be honest I'm a detailer and I'm going for full training to get into wrapping, what I do kno is the matte black is done to death. You considered satin? They look far nicer

Ah that's what the nicer ones I saw were! How much would I be looking at?

Ah that's what the nicer ones I saw were! How much would I be looking at?
Probably about £1000 for body wrap or £1300-£1500 with shuts and seals in Birmingham. Best place in the country is Yiannimize who does all the stars cars. The prices above is what I was quoted in Birmingham for the S3 saloon but price won't differ much.

Yep, Matt has been done to death satin is the one. I wonder what it will be like with tron lines? Yannimize is the place for wrapping, look on their Instagram they did a Matt grey a3 not so long ago. There based in London but do courtesy cars. They have an app to so you wrap your car to get an idea of how it will look.

why wrap when you can plastidip for half the price?
3CC1345A-644D-41BF-8868-C071AAD6EEE8_zpsnnpbaox2.jpg

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant and Odinn
Yiannimize is a good place, but he's got lucky rly he was already established as a vinyl wrapper and did a couple of footballer cars for arsenal and then the rest was word of mouth, and he's in the money capital London,

From what I gather a small car is around £1000 mid size around £2000 and large cars around £3000 exotics are around £4k and chrome wrap is double on all

So a small car is £2k in chrome mid size 4k large £6k and exotics are £8k

I think yiannimize charges around £8k to do an aventador in chrome wrap! (Whether that's gold normal black blue or whatever the price is the same for the chrome effects)

There's loads of wrappers in the country and like I said hopefully we will be offering wrapping in the north of the country as while yiannimize is southern based we are based in West Yorkshire, established Detailers and wanting to naturally progress to wrapping.

why wrap when you can plastidip for half the price?

I agree but Plastidip has come along way, its huge in the states. If the Plastidip coat is thick enough e.g. 3/4 coats then it comes off easier or so I'm told. When its done professionally colours like @Dandanfings martian blue can look stunning. I intend to platidip the black styling pack and maybe the wheels onto mine after seeing @A3Kent and daytonas with it.

Reactions: A3Kent
not a fan of matt wraps myself, think they look awful

the car in the link looks amazing, but I think that one is done for a hell of a lot of money

I always thought plasti dip was easier to remove. Looks it when I've seen you tube clips.
its certainly easier to repair if you get stone chips.
Which ever you go for if you like the matt or satin finish go for it,
You'll be living with it everyday so do what you like. There will be always some one who doesn't like it regardless.

I'm finding this thread quite informative and useful, as I may have a 'need' to partially wrap my car at some point.

There is a possibility that, at some point, my job may require me to move to Cyprus for a couple of years. All the cars I have seen over there end up in a bad way as the front ends get quite literally sandblasted as they drive around. My plan would be to have the bonnet, front bumper and front wings wrapped in a white as close to Glacier as I could find, with the windscreen frame and mirrors wrapped in satin silver. Finally, I'd get the headlights and fogs covered with clear LaminX film.

The thinking behind all of this is that I could just peel it all off once I left Cyprus and theoretically... my car would be good as new underneath.

I'm finding this thread quite informative and useful, as I may have a 'need' to partially wrap my car at some point.

There is a possibility that, at some point, my job may require me to move to Cyprus for a couple of years. All the cars I have seen over there end up in a bad way as the front ends get quite literally sandblasted as they drive around. My plan would be to have the bonnet, front bumper and front wings wrapped in a white as close to Glacier as I could find, with the windscreen frame and mirrors wrapped in satin silver. Finally, I'd get the headlights and fogs covered with clear LaminX film.

The thinking behind all of this is that I could just peel it all off once I left Cyprus and theoretically... my car would be good as new underneath.

Look at Topaz detailing, they have sort sort of unique clear wrap that sounds up your street

Reactions: Relliott6879
Yeah it's a protection film that can be quite thick and its transparent!

Yeah I think it's applied in thin layers but to quite a thickness meaning if you get a stone chip you can peal the top layer off