Xenon bulbs - B8 A4

dieselguy

Reaction score
Hi, do we know which D3S bulbs that Audi uses? is it Osram or Phillips, or other? Thanks.

I recently replaced the Phillips bulbs in my A4 for Osram CBI’s and think they’re a vast improvement.

Great to hear. I've ordered some Osram ones now and will try to fit it at the weekend.

Anyone got a link to the above bulbs? Wouldn’t mind getting some myself

I recently replaced the Phillips bulbs in my A4 for Osram CBI’s and think they’re a vast improvement.

What is the difference, are they brighter or whiter or both? I think the xenons in my S4 suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GarethS4
What is the difference, are they brighter or whiter or both? I think the xenons in my S4 suck.

I believe the OEM bulbs are 4300k and the CBI’s are up to 6000k according to the the website. Personally I think they are much brighter and give off more of a crisper white light than the OEM bulbs. I’m much happier with Osrams.

The xenon lights in my rs focus that I had before my current s4 were 10 x times better .as said above the s4 xenon are total rubbish compared to a ford.

I believe the OEM bulbs are 4300k and the CBI’s are up to 6000k according to the the website. Personally I think they are much brighter and give off more of a crisper white light than the OEM bulbs. I’m much happier with Osrams.

Do the 6000k ones appear blue or do you just see them as white?

The xenon lights in my rs focus that I had before my current s4 were 10 x times better .as said above the s4 xenon are total rubbish compared to a ford.

Yeh total garbage, they look yellow and old to me!

A couple of pictures of my Osram CBI’s

940FC827 8A7B 4B8D 966F D713B73B96A0

Dipped beam.

6F636D29 A248 49B8 9170 F354902C9F8A

Full beam.

Not sure if the pictures actually do them justice but they are brighter. There is a slight tinge of blue that isn’t picked up on my phone camera. Hope this helps.

Radford212

OEM bulbs are Philips...

The Osram Cool Blue Intense are 6000k so give off a bluer/crisper light (supposedly 20% brighter than standard bulbs)

The Osram NightBreakers are 4350k and are a whiter/warmer but are brighter (supposedly 70% brighter than standard bulbs)

The higher kelvin ("k" rating) the deeper the light is but the less light output. (Higher kelvin is inverse to brightness)

OEM bulbs are Philips...

The Osram Cool Blue Intense are 6000k so give off a bluer/crisper light (supposedly 20% brighter than standard bulbs)

The Osram NightBreakers are 4350k and are a whiter/warmer but are brighter (supposedly 70% brighter than standard bulbs)

The higher kelvin ("k" rating) the deeper the light is but the less light output. (Higher kelvin is inverse to brightness)
Kelvin is colour temperature, higher values blue lower values red. Nothing to do with brightness which is measured in lumens.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Kelvin is colour temperature, higher values blue lower values red. Nothing to do with brightness which is measured in lumens.

Yes, i know Kelvin is temperature .. my point is that the higher Kelvin temparture bulbs (ie the bluer 6000k bulbs) are less bright than the whiter 4350k bulbs

It even says it on the packaging ;)

Reactions: matthew999
Yes, i know Kelvin is temperature .. my point is that the higher Kelvin temparture bulbs (ie the bluer 6000k bulbs) are less bright than the whiter 4350k bulbs

It even says it on the packaging ;)
Gotcha, just wasn't clear in your first post

Reactions: ion2211