Xenon headlights dipped beam adjustment

Shadowman

Reaction score
Mornin' all,

I drove the S3 in the dark for the first time last night since it had the Eibach front lowering springs fitted, and the dipped beam is definately set too low now, and lower than it was before the spring change which would make sense I guess.

I thought the Auto-Levelling would recalibrate itself to account for the drop, but I presume after last night that it can only adjust within certain parameters which are set either using VCDS or using the manual adjustment on the headlight units themselves.

Can someone please confirm what needs to be done to adjust them, and if I can do it myself or it needs a trip to the Stealers ?

Thanks

Requires the use of VCDS to set the level.

Basic Setting

Headlight Adjustment
[Select]
[55 - Xenon Range]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
The meas. block field now shows "Wait" and should switch to "Adjust Headlights" then (this may take up to 10 seconds).
Adjust the headlights using their manual adjusting screws as referenced against a suitable aiming target. (On flat, set light 1%. Easiest way is drive right up to a wall. Mark a datum point for the centre of beam, drive back say 5m, now adjust beam so centre is 5cm below the datum.)
[ON/OFF/Next]
The adjustment should now be learned.
[Done, Go Back]
Don't forget to check/clear fault codes afterwards.
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]