Xenons RetroFitted

tr7

Reaction score
Xenons Fitted ss

Well I finally got round to fitting my Xenons yesterday evening. All went smoothly with genuine Kufatec adaptors and quick setting change in VCDS.

If you know how to take the front bumper off, this thread made it a breeze
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-b7-xenon-retrofit-experience.256194/

Much brighter and very happy

Xenon Night s

Right up until I started getting this when selecting Auto on my Head lights switch.

Xenon Autolights fail

Now my auto lights were working immediately before this. I doubt my sensor has failed in the hour I had the battery disconnected and spent routing the cable.

I've done a quick search and I can't see being a common failure.

Any ideas and is this likely to be linked to my other issue with electrics. It is all on Module 9 after all..

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/door-electrics-dead-i’m-at-a-loss.419395/

Last edited:
Did you try another convince module?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Did you try another convince module?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
Not yet will have to wait til next week when have more time. Got too sidetracked clearing my parts car and fitting the Xenons! Thanks though

Updating this as I've been asked about the Xenon bulbs I've fitted

Happy to say that Retrofit still going strong. The genuine Kufatec adaptors are definitely worth the few extra quid directly from Germany than others I've seen. Great quality bit of kit, and I was impressed with the quality and arrived swiftly even in the middle of lockdown within days via FedEx

I was very happy with this upgrade on it's own. The projector within the headlight and design really freshen up the B7 and the retrofit imo is worth it for that alone.

The Xenon Headlights really freshen up B7's imo and worthwhile alone simply for that. It really 'makes' the car now and I wish I done it much sooner, so I was very happy. But after an intermittent flicker on one side I decided to replace the bulbs and see if that cured it and that bulb upgrade has turned out to be the best money I've spent yet.

Factory replacement D1S bulbs. These are a direct fit replacement for anyone with Xenons fitted.

Xenon Bulbs D1S 7000K

IMG 7691s

Now driving at night with these has transformed it. Feels like Night and Day! And makes me want to go driving at night just for fun!

Dipped Beam

Xenon Osram Low Beam s

Full Beam

Xenon Osram High Beam s

Again, highly recommend to anyone. Especially if you don't know the age of your bulbs.

As I was upgrading from Halogen, I 'thought' mine were ok and 12 the year old bulbs were an improvement. But these are totally different level and well worth the money.

Kufatec
https://www.kufatec.com/en/light-si...-xenon-headlights-for-audi-a4-seat-exeo-33872

Osram Xenarc Bulbs
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-Xe...n-Car-Headlight-Bulbs-Twin-7000K/332508668661

So 1 year plus update. I say this about a lot, but one of my favourite changes to make to a B7. Although I do love my RS3 wheel..

IMG 5265ss

Standard

Photo 2022 04 08 003156

Fitted

Xenons Fitted Drives

Early Morning 16th July Run

Lighting is definitely one the best ways to bring a B7 right up to day

Favourite car I've ever owned

• Love
Reactions: NM07
That last pic is just :hearteyes: You've got a stunning example there mate :thumbs up:

Reactions: tr7
I can't wait until my xenons are fitted :smiley:

Reactions: tr7
That last pic is just :hearteyes: You've got a stunning example there mate :thumbs up:
Thanks Buddy, it's a July 2008 so one of the very last ones

Really happy with it. Not a car I want to replace it with that isn't multiple times more expensive. Hard to beat allrounder and package

Reactions: Charlie Farley and NM07
That's pretty much exactly where I am with mine, love the B7 platform.
If I had to choose another car that wasn't an B7 I'd probably be going with an A3 8V Saloon:
image-jpeg.97974

image-jpeg.97977

Really love the design of these, looks like a slightly more compact B7, except a lot more expensive lol

Reactions: Charlie Farley
For me, the B7 platform is the best .
It has a well-balanced style of subtle rounded corners with understated angles, none of this transformers looking angles all over the place.
OK they may appeal to a lot but not for me, some are nice and the new 8y RS3 saloon is growing on me in the right colour but I still prefer my plain old B7

It's not always about having the latest model with all singing MMI etc.
I can see good well kept examples of the B7 platform going up in value quite soon as more people realise how good they are.
One has to ignore the faults that are moaned about all the time, other cars have just as many.

Anyway, love mine and won't be selling it, it's resigned to live out its life at my home now.
It won't be wanting for anything either.
After 8 years its become like a third hand that I can't live without and I know it inside out. :yahoo: :icon thumright:

Reactions: NM07
Exactly how I feel Rob, summed it up perfectly :thumbs up: I think we're quite lucky too as VAG brought back the B7 under the guise of the Seat Exeo, which will serve to further extend parts availability on the B7 for a good number of years to come.