Xs downpipe and miltek, vibration?

D11nyd

Reaction score
Well I decided to fit my xs downpipe and sports cat and my miltek today.
The minute I'd got my car up on axle stands it starts to rain! Great start!
Bit of a pain if I'm being honest as its a tight fit but it's on now so I'm glad.
A Few niggly things which are anoying me though, questions to anyone with one fitted:
My downpipe is really close to the heatsheld as it comes down the angled part of the bulkhead just above the subframe,is that normal?
Im sure I can feel it vibrating when driving aswell?, don't really know how to sort this as the heatsheld won't seem to bend out the way either as it's it's right up against the bulkhead?also it's alot lower to the floor than the standard system, again is this normal?
When I put the downpipe on the turbo my xs downpipe flange was alot thicker than the standard one so the nuts don't go down the stud as much, will this be ok?
Finally I expected it to feel quicker but it doesnt? Not sure if the vibration is putting me off a bit? Should I be fitting an uprated dog mount bush aswell?, red or yellow? Who uses which colour and what are your thoughts on them?
Cheers

i've recently fitted a xs downpipe and sport cat and found it close to the heat sheild......ended up tweaking the arm for the rubber mount to move it lower but this caused more problems, made the cat sit too low and with the car being a bit on the low side there wasn't alot of ground clearance! so then tweaked the angle of the flange on the cat and reduced the angles on the pipe after the cat by cutting into the pipe and rewelding. Ended up being alot of messing around but fits nice and snug. You'll need to know your way around a grinder and welder to do what i have (and probably wasn't necessary) or know someone who does.

Also have a red dog mount fitted and its spot on, friend fitted a yellow on his mk4 and took it off because he found it too harsh

its just a case of hitting, bending, moddind im afraid, there isnt a lot of room for 3 inch downpipes, but dont worry it goes for all downpipes on these cars, not just the xs power.

bending the mounts slightly, poly exhaust mounts, and a poly dog bone mount are all things which might help you. all relatively cheap too.

Nice one lads will have a good look tomorrow at work on the ramp and get the big bars out!
It didn't help it being on axle stands,what a pain in the ****!
Will let you know the outcome
danny