Xtron head unit

83b764910722ea95fd64df7bc06edd61.jpg

[/QUOTE]

does adjusting the amp volume in factory settings make any difference m8.

eddo

is there a gain control in the equaliser settings m8 ?

eddo

whats it like with loudness turned off . i find theirs hardly any bass at lower volume with it off and volume is a bit lower

just had a play with mine m8 its nearly 2am here so cant crank it up . but in the factory settings i changed the amp volume to -10db and it did lower the volume a bit so with volume at 1 it was quieter . dont know if it effects higher volumes though.

eddo

how bad is the feedback, is it a constant or only when on low volume?

just had a play with mine m8 its nearly 2am here so cant crank it up . but in the factory settings i changed the amp volume to -10db and it did lower the volume a bit so with volume at 1 it was quieter . dont know if it effects higher volumes though.

eddo

30f719b1563934cf234974664c8b53ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how bad is the feedback, is it a constant or only when on low volume?

Ehhhh it’s not horrible but it’s noticeable. It gets a higher pitch with engine rpm. I just crank up the volume and it’s not bad

Only thing you can change is in factory settings. There’s a section that says ‘voice’ and you can change volume for radio and Bluetooth etc. Or the amp setting in ‘other’ in factory settings.

You need to request from xtrons a separate ISO harness with impedance converters on. You adjust the dials for the front and rear speakers in order to eliminate the interference.

582d96efa235879d9e6cf73959d10771.jpg
4810137a5c50cfb991f60f690c1dfe5f.jpg
713c80f4bf49f958428951102713cacb.jpg

Reactions: EvilSmurph and Stevemwhitaker
You need to request from xtrons a separate ISO harness with impedance converters on. You adjust the dials for the front and rear speakers in order to eliminate the interference.

What rca’s are those though? I don’t have any rca’s at all

what is the S button for :) ?

Hi @JayA3sline , did Xtrons provide the harness FOC? last time I contacted them re the whine they gave me a software update :/

Hi @JayA3sline , did Xtrons provide the harness FOC? last time I contacted them re the whine they gave me a software update :/

They haven’t done anything for me. They take FOREVER to respond. I’m actually going through the eBay store xtronsusa where I bought it. Xtrons factory hasn’t responded to my original email yet. I’m thinking about just returning the head unit. I love it, but the buzzing whining is absolutely horrible.

They haven’t done anything for me. They take FOREVER to respond. I’m actually going through the eBay store xtronsusa where I bought it. Xtrons factory hasn’t responded to my original email yet. I’m thinking about just returning the head unit. I love it, but the buzzing whining is absolutely horrible.

They have a office based in Leeds but obviously everything goes through China. Remember due to this virus and also the Chinese New Year hasn’t helped issues at all. They contacted me a couple of days ago for an issue I requested few weeks back. Admittedly you have to be patient with them due to the time zone.

The impedance converters will sort out your humming issues.

They have a office based in Leeds but obviously everything goes through China. Remember due to this virus and also the Chinese New Year hasn’t helped issues at all. They contacted me a couple of days ago for an issue I requested few weeks back. Admittedly you have to be patient with them due to the time zone.

The impedance converters will sort out your humming issues.

That’s if they send me the new harness. My only concern is they wait till my return period is over.

I just checked my emails @Stevemwhitaker (granted it was in 2018) but they got back to me the following day with the firmware update. Going through the chain their final suggestion was that I might need an Engine Suppressor to kill the whine. The email address I used was techsupport@xtrons.com

@JayA3sline, you didn't mention if xtrons supplied the filters for free or not?

I just checked my emails @Stevemwhitaker (granted it was in 2018) but they got back to me the following day with the firmware update. Going through the chain their final suggestion was that I might need an Engine Suppressor to kill the whine. The email address I used was techsupport@xtrons.com

@JayA3sline, you didn't mention if xtrons supplied the filters for free or not?

They did indeed but I did specify that they include them when I ordered my unit.

Reactions: Simply D
They did indeed but I did specify that they include them when I ordered my unit.

I seeeee....and they sent you the thing in the picture in post #55?

I will throw a hail mary n see if they play nicely with me after all these years, failing that I will see what the interwebs have to offer.

I seeeee....and they sent you the thing in the picture in post #55?

I will throw a hail mary n see if they play nicely with me after all these years, failing that I will see what the interwebs have to offer.

Correct. Albeit there’s 2 of those adjusters on the harness front L & R and rear L & R.

Reactions: Simply D
Correct. Albeit there’s 2 of those adjusters on the harness front L & R and rear L & R.

Ok. I will have to check the car later to see what end the pre-amps are on as I have a full Bose setup in the vehicle, and it looks like the speaker cable needs to be hardwired.

Thanks for the response/info :)

Soooooo... I got a response from xtrons, but they say the updated harness is only applicable to Audi units with serial numbers IB or IN.

My thinking though is, if they have recognised that there is an interference issue and have modified some harnesses, surely they should provide a solution to all models??

Soooooo... I got a response from xtrons, but they say the updated harness is only applicable to Audi units with serial numbers IB or IN.

My thinking though is, if they have recognised that there is an interference issue and have modified some harnesses, surely they should provide a solution to all models??

What do you mean serials IB or IN?

So they finally emailed me back and sent me this harness. I don’t have any rca’s to the head unit. What do I do with them??
f9cc3538dc179241aecca2c0a29965bd.jpg

Red and white on each converter. Front and rear.
Turn engine and lights on and adjust the dial to adjust the interference. Keep checking on stereo volume as the more you tweak it the less volume you get. Need to find a happy balance.

Cheers @Stevemwhitaker.

I had abit of back n forth with Xtrons, n they pretty much said if you have the PBX model you're on your own, they only have a fix for the IB & IN models. Sounds like a violation of the sale of goods act if the product is not fit for purpose, but I am not sure how valid that is for overseas items :s

Good Luck with your revised leads!

Cheers @Stevemwhitaker.

I had abit of back n forth with Xtrons, n they pretty much said if you have the PBX model you're on your own, they only have a fix for the IB & IN models. Sounds like a violation of the sale of goods act if the product is not fit for purpose, but I am not sure how valid that is for overseas items :s

Good Luck with your revised leads!

Well after a bunch of testing it didn’t really help much, but it’s a tiny bit better.