Xtrons headunit any good.....fits straight into Audi A3 8p

codrock

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of these headunits to fit straight into my A3 8p....has anyone had any dealings with one and could tell me if they are worth having?
Any info is appreciated.

heres the unit.

I'm thinking of getting one of these headunits to fit straight into my A3 8p....has anyone had any dealings with one and could tell me if they are worth having?
Any info is appreciated.

heres the unit.

I had the pumpkin audio version with sat nav perfect in my 8p

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ive searched the forum but a lot of answers date back to old threads with old andorid versions.

Does anyone have more up to date feedback on the newer android 10 units with android auto fitted. Some really cheap ones on ebay for £200 ish. I know it's buy cheap buy twice but I also read that all these units are the same with xtrons just redoing the software skin and charging extra for basically a skin

Has anyone fitted an Xtrons unit yet? They seem expensive for what they are. Looking to get one for my A3 or a Sony XAV-AX1000 unit that has Carplay. They cost about the same when you include the CANBUS adapters and trimming. I'm just concerned about the longevity of the Xtrons and build quality.

Any info is appreciated.

heres the unit.

That unit has 2GB RAM, which seems a bit low for an Android device. I wonder what's the performance like? The 6GB RAM version is stupidly expensive.

I have had an Xtrons Android unit installed for the last 4 years, working perfectly, and it has been a transformation and the main reason I have held onto the old A4 B7 for so long, especially since it now works beautifully with wireless Android Auto. I have the reversing camera (in the number plate) and a front camera too. As well as the usual Waze and Google Maps, I use Sygic that now works with both AA and Carplay, even when, in an emergency, there is not internet, since the maps are stored on your phone - you only lose live data. I also have the original phone cradle in the armrest which charges and links to the sharkfin too and they still compliment sat nav.
IMG 20220516 191709

Last edited: