Xtrons RNS-e Android 8.0?

Bigbang

Reaction score
Hello I’ve ordered this as it looks quite frankly amazing especially at that price point (£260 after discount VIP15)

What’s the install like? Do I need adapters? Or will it work as it’s designed for the a3? Such as steering wheel controls?

Seen people were having issues with sound quality on the older 6.0 models has this been rectified?

I can't speak about the X-trons unit as I bought something a bit different: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
This one fits perfectly. It plays nicely with the Bose system, and doesn't need any additional looms or cables to 'fix' it out of the box.
The listings states it's android 6.0, but it's actually Android 8.0 Oreo.
I often use it to log my cars data through Torque, navigate using Waze and listen to my music through Google Music, and it handles everything really well.
For some reason the price has gone up since i bought it, but for me having a system that works straight out of the box is worth the extra over a cheaper model that needs additional work to get it working.

I can't speak about the X-trons unit as I bought something a bit different: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-6-Head-Unit-DAB-Radio-Bluetooth-GPS-Sat-Nav-WiFi-Stereo-For-Audi-A3-Mk2/182256137579?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
This one fits perfectly. It plays nicely with the Bose system, and doesn't need any additional looms or cables to 'fix' it out of the box.
The listings states it's android 6.0, but it's actually Android 8.0 Oreo.
I often use it to log my cars data through Torque, navigate using Waze and listen to my music through Google Music, and it handles everything really well.
For some reason the price has gone up since i bought it, but for me having a system that works straight out of the box is worth the extra over a cheaper model that needs additional work to get it working.

That looks identical to one of the xtrons units they sell. Do you know the difference?
Do you have a picture of it fitted?

Ive read theyre all the same just rebranded, so its probably the same OS and hardware as the one ive got. Xtroms have that discount so saved £100 by buying from them, but since youve given it a good review im happy! did it work with your steering wheel controls?

Steering controls all work fine. I was surprised how well it does play with the car without any tinkering.
Hopefully a photo will attach below...

Attachments

• rsz_20180412_084958.jpg
    rsz_20180412_084958.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 419
Steering controls all work fine. I was surprised how well it does play with the car without any tinkering.
Hopefully a photo will attach below...

Sweet! Does it come up on the dashboard display like the OEM stereo? As it advertises that but I thought aftermarket stereos wouldn’t do that

If you mean the radio station name, no it doesn't. It gives the frequency, but no other info from the stereo is displayed on the dash.
I was surprised that it gets speed and distance from the car (presumably through the Canbus) so you can have that info on the stereo display if you choose to.

If you mean the radio station name, no it doesn't. It gives the frequency, but no other info from the stereo is displayed on the dash.
I was surprised that it gets speed and distance from the car (presumably through the Canbus) so you can have that info on the stereo display if you choose to.
That’s better than what I get now, my pioneer doesn’t show anything without some &150 cable that I refused to buy lol.

My RNSE styled one comes today !

Guys I’ve been looking for something like this!!I’ve just got the basic concert stereo in my S3 so would this just plug straight into mine aswell or did you need the one with nav built in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I mean off the steering wheel controls? As atm my mode and voice control button do nothing
To be honest I didn't try the voice button, i never figured it out with the standard stereo as I planned to replace it anyway.
The mode button changes the Audio source, so it might go from DAB to FM to MP/CD to whatever online music source you use.

There is an active thread in the ICE section at http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/android-rns-e.248150/page-18#post-3235168

The unit will connect to google maps, waze or you can buy Sygic which includes offline maps and lifetime support for Android. The unit will come with the GPS receiver.
Yes, the GPS receiver is included and works with any GPS software you choose to use. My unit also had a GPS software built in (didn't pay attention to it) which I think used 'Here' maps (Nokia's map source). I set up Waze to my hardware navigation key, but have Google maps available for times when I want to send myself a route from a laptop and have it available when the car stereo connects.

Guys I’ve been looking for something like this!!I’ve just got the basic concert stereo in my S3 so would this just plug straight into mine aswell or did you need the one with nav built in

If the Concert is a single DIN headunit then I don't think you could fit these stereos as they are double DIN.
I could be wrong though, so it may be worth contacting a seller or having a closer look at their descriptions page as they do try to advise on what will and won't work.

If the Concert is a single DIN headunit then I don't think you could fit these stereos as they are double DIN.
I could be wrong though, so it may be worth contacting a seller or having a closer look at their descriptions page as they do try to advise on what will and won't work.

It’s definitely a double din system

It’s definitely a double din system

I don't see any reason why it won't fit then, but contact the seller before you purchase. I asked my seller a few questions and he replied swiftly with good English (others didn't) and answered all my questions.
I felt happy that he knew what he was selling and it was as described and works great.

Mines come and the fit is very bad, the way it works with the car is very good.. I had to play around with some cardboard behind the stereo to get it wedged in place to a point it looked acceptable, before that it was moving when clipped in too. But at the price I guess it’s not that much of an issue, it works well with the steering wheel controls and displaying the frequency etc,

How did you get the Audi logo to show on startup? And view the speed?

I don't see any reason why it won't fit then, but contact the seller before you purchase. I asked my seller a few questions and he replied swiftly with good English (others didn't) and answered all my questions.
I felt happy that he knew what he was selling and it was as described and works great.

What model have you brought I was looking at the PB76AA3AP