Yawn! TB Exhaust and ITG intake but what about mapping?

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right first off sorry your probably all bored to tears with these questions but I'm currently running stock everything ECU exhaust the lot, but the flexi pipe on my downpipe rattles and it annoys me so I've ordered a Milltek TB system.
Now I also hate the stock air filter and engine cover and I'd like to hear the fact I'm driving a turbocharged car! so I'm considering adding a ITG intake to the mix...
This is where I'm unsure what to do next,

-Stock mapping but just exhaust

-Run stock mapping with intake and exhaust

-Stage 1 mapping with just exhaust

-Stage 1 mapping with the intake and exhaust

-Stage 2 mapping with both exhaust and intake

Ideally I'd run stage2 but I've read that there are fueling issues and mid range power problems on this mapping so would I be better not to go as far as stage 2 and keep the power toned down a little and stick with the stage 1 even though I'm planning on getting the Hardware to go further.

Cheers

Stage 1 with the intake and exhaust then go stage 2 with the high pressure fuel pump.

Or, jump straight to stage 2 with the HPFP on your shopping list too.

if your gonna buy stage 2 hardware then just get a HPFP for another £400-600 and go stage 2+ :)

Since selling a load of my hardware I'm running Revo Stg2 with TBE(BlueFlame) and nothing else, and to be honest it's surprisingly good. Admittedly it's a low mileage MY2012 car, but I think it's far better than I expected as it doesn't seem to heatsoak that badly. Only downside of stock air filter is that it struggles compared to ITG at 3 figure speeds (on private roads and tracks), but I actually find low speed pick up is better (less laggy). If there is one thing I've learned having owned 2 S3's over the last 7 years, less can sometimes be fine!

This is my thinking I'm not out to make it a really quick car I drive pretty sensibly 95% of the time and the roads where I live don't really allow for much fun these days there's never any empty roads etc so I'd rather have it a little better tuned and making all the right sounds to please me, I personally think for me and what I want from the car stg2+ is to much and then I'm concerned about clutches etc etc.
It's deffo a toss up between stg1 and stg2 surely if Revo offer a stg2 and say you need the hardware I'm planning on getting and that's it then they wrote the map and the hardware etc should be enough to run the map safely?

This is my thinking I'm not out to make it a really quick car I drive pretty sensibly 95% of the time and the roads where I live don't really allow for much fun these days there's never any empty roads etc so I'd rather have it a little better tuned and making all the right sounds to please me, I personally think for me and what I want from the car stg2+ is to much and then I'm concerned about clutches etc etc.
It's deffo a toss up between stg1 and stg2 surely if Revo offer a stg2 and say you need the hardware I'm planning on getting and that's it then they wrote the map and the hardware etc should be enough to run the map safely?

If you get the exhaust and the CAI,then you can happily run Stg2 software of the car,which would give you around 330-340 bhp and maybe the same in lbs of torque.

The thing is that Stg2+(or Stg3 in Shark-speak) is fuel pump specific software,and requires an uprated HPFP such as the Autotech or Loba to run it,but significnatly increases mid-range torque,where the stock pump is beginning to run short on flow.

Value for money wise,this is the best you could get,and will get the most from your car,without a big turbo kit.

Either way,at anything more than Stg1,you should budget on a new clutch.

Reactions: s3_trev
Think I might go stage 2 then, I'm not one for thrashing my car about to often so I hope the clutch will last a fair while 😁
Seems there's not a problem running stg2

Think I might go stage 2 then, I'm not one for thrashing my car about to often so I hope the clutch will last a fair while ������
Seems there's not a problem running stg2

I've been running S2 on this car for 20k miles and my clutch is still fine. I'm not a serial abuser of clutches, but if you treat with respect it will last.

I've been running S2 on this car for 20k miles and my clutch is still fine. I'm not a serial abuser of clutches, but if you treat with respect it will last.
That's it then I'm going stg2 and will keep putting the pennies to one side just incase I need a clutch prematurely.

cheers for the input guys

Reactions: warren_S5