Yellow ESP and Engine management light on dashboard

Adam Vali

Reaction score
Audi A3 8P sport back 2L Manual 58 facelift model
Hi,

a couple of months ago the brake/brake fluid low light(red) came on the dashboard, at the same time the EML(yellow) appeared. I have had the brake issue fixed(rear calliper replacement), but the engine management light still won’t clear. Any ideas on this ?

Around the same time the battery went flat. So I replaced the battery, but ever since replacing it the ESP light has not gone away. Any idea what this could be? Has anyone had similar issues?

I have posted the diagnostics that my mechanic can see on his computer in the image attached

Attachments

• 97C59F19-8C23-4572-9B65-EF55BE3E093F.jpeg
    97C59F19-8C23-4572-9B65-EF55BE3E093F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 145
Has he fixed all the errors as there's a fair few important engine ones.

Abs module coding is wrong, unless its detrimental to the module operations it shouldn't show an abs light, however without seeing whats coded & what the car supports, its hard to know if its the reason for the light.

Did he mess with the abs module to bleed the brakes?

He hasn't fixed any of the errors. He did try to remove the EML but that came back on.

ABS light isn't showing on the dashboard.

Did he mess with the abs module to bleed the brakes? I very much doubt he did.

He's told me to take it to someone who has VCDS/VAGCOM tech, but I can't get any bookings until the new year hence why I thought to have a gander on here to see if anyone has some knowhow

Jees I wouldn't use him for any of my cars work if he can't do this & days take to someone else.

I would, but you're in preston & would cost you a fair bit for me to fix.

Haha yeah I'm in abit of a pickle lol. I've checked on the VCDS map and there are a few a with the VCDS kit but they don't seem active on this forum so not sure if they are still offering their services.

I'd rather just take it to a mechanic that has VCDS and can fix these issues. I've called a good few places to ask specifically if they have VCDS and they just say "We have dealer level software"

Yeah but if they have odis which is dealer level, is it genuine or chinese copies.

I have a colleague in salford area, I can remote into his laptop & look at the codes, chargeable of course but its a possibility, I can ask if he can.

Finally found a garage with VCDS in Preston. The mechanic diagnosed it and recoded the control unit. ESP light is gone and car handling as back to normal! Thanks everyone!

Reactions: ahtcap
Hi, what did he reset as I'm having a very similar problem after dead battery.

Kind regards
James

So he used VCDS software, plugged that into the car, read the fault code and then he recoded the control unit for ESP or something. He did say he had to connect the tool to something online to retrieve something. I reckon he’s just recoded it by downloading the coding online from a dealer or something like that. If someone’s got VCDS and they know how to use it you’ll be fine

Don’t go to a place that has normal diagnostic tools like snap-on as they won’t be able to clear the code all the time. Just ask for VCDS