Yet another countdown!

Curlybob

Reaction score
I have been viewing the forum for a while now and I have really enjoyed reading all the excellent posts. With my wife's new A3 SB due to arrive hopefully within the next week I thought it high time that I actually registered in order to contribute. The A3 on order is as follows:

A3 2.0 Tdi S-Line, Glacier White, electric heated nappa leather seats, electric lumbar adjustment, xenon plus adaptive headlights, Audi sound system, front & rear parking sensors, comfort pack, interior light package, standard suspension, electric mirrors, aluminium roof bars, technology pack, hold assist, tyre pressure monitoring

Last edited:
Reactions: First Ever Audi
I have been viewing the forum for a while now and I have really enjoyed reading all the excellent posts. With my wife's new A3 SB due to arrive hopefully within the next week I thought it high time that I actually registered in order to contribute. The A3 on order is as follows:

A3 2.0 Tdi S-Line, Glacier White, electric heated nappa leather seats, electric lumbar adjustment, xenon plus adaptive headlights, Audi sound system, front & rear parking sensors, comfort pack, interior light package, standard suspension, electric mirrors, aluminium roof bars, technology pack, hold assist, tyre pressure monitoring
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. We look forward to your countdown and collection of the car. You are in good company in here and will learn so much as well as the enjoyment we all have waiting for the cars. Enjoy. :) x

Thank you for the welcome messages. The car was ordered in February to get the £500 discount on the technology package. The wait has not been too bad - that is until the car arrived in the UK and now the days seem to be dragging. I'm hoping the dealer will contact me tomorrow to arrange a collection date.

Had a call from the dealer today - car has now arrived at the dealership. Agreed to collect next Saturday week at 9am so only 7 more days to go!

Reactions: markwiggy and First Ever Audi
Had a call from the dealer today - car has now arrived at the dealership. Agreed to collect next Saturday week at 9am so only 7 more days to go!

thats good to hear, another countdown. :) x

Reactions: First Ever Audi
Pick up now scheduled for Saturday at 9am. My wife saw a transporter near Leicester today with several new SB's on but I have still not seen many on the road in Suffolk.

Hello Curlybob, I live on the Essex/Suffolk border and you are quite right there are not too many new SB's on the roads yet in the region. I have only seen x2 s-line SBs (Daytona and Glacier White) and an A3 3dr amalfi white s-line near where I live.

Only 3 more days to go. You and your wife must be excited. Nice spec you have gone with!

Hello Curlybob, I live on the Essex/Suffolk border and you are quite right there are not too many new SB's on the roads yet in the region. I have only seen x2 s-line SBs (Daytona and Glacier White) and an A3 3dr amalfi white s-line near where I live.

Only 3 more days to go. You and your wife must be excited. Nice spec you have gone with!

Not many in Herfrodshire/Essex borders yet - only seen two 1 SB in Daytona on the road and a 3 door glacier white in a local station car park - maybe same two cars!!!!

Not many in Herfrodshire/Essex borders yet - only seen two 1 SB in Daytona on the road and a 3 door glacier white in a local station car park - maybe same two cars!!!!
Havnt seen many 13 plate a3 around the Berkshire/Hampshire border. Although I did pull up to one at the traffic lights, saw the pop up screen and was dazzled (not in the eye) by the LED DRLs. Can't rember the colour, and didn't know if an SE, sport or s-line.

Now only two sleeps to go! Drove past the showroom today hoping to catch a glimpse of the car ready for collection but it was nowhere to be seen. I should really be more patient and wait for the reveal but it's just too damn exciting! Driving through Germany over the summer and have booked a factory tour at the Ingolstadt factory - does anyone want me to check if their car is being built!

Now only two sleeps to go! Drove past the showroom today hoping to catch a glimpse of the car ready for collection but it was nowhere to be seen. I should really be more patient and wait for the reveal but it's just too damn exciting! Driving through Germany over the summer and have booked a factory tour at the Ingolstadt factory - does anyone want me to check if their car is being built!

What colour is your new car?
if you go to Germany in August, you may see my scuba blue being built! Take a pic please...lol

Our car is Glacier White. If I see your car A3sportbackMark I will ask one of the workers if he could add on a few more options FOC. Anything you would like?

Our car is Glacier White. If I see your car A3sportbackMark I will ask one of the workers if he could add on a few more options FOC. Anything you would like?

nice colour.

Haha, I don't have many options so any appreciated! I notice cemerson has lots of options in scube blue, so just switch the cars...lol

Heh, just got lucky that I checked at this time!

I just thought if I'm going to get a new car and spend the money on it, then in for a penny, in for a pound - i'm going to make it the car I want! I think I've got a pretty good deal on it though, and I plan to keep the car for a long time so there's an element of 'futureproofing' in there too.

Just looking at your options cemerson - I have also deselected the sports suspension. Have your seen a S-line on SE suspension in the metal? If so what do you think about the ride height?

Yes so I see, it's an amazing spec, probably the best I've seen. Not seen many scuba blue, and not seen any on the road yet. So if I do see one after sept it will probably be you!

Just looking at your options cemerson - I have also deselected the sports suspension. Have your seen a S-line on SE suspension in the metal? If so what do you think about the ride height?

I've not really looked too hard at them when I have seen them, and I can't say it's something that bothers me really. Looks are less important to me than practicality, function, comfort etc. My current car isn't all that great over the bumps so I wanted something more comfortable, and all the reviews I've read says it handles better than the 8P (I drove an 8P for about 6 months as a company car), and worth removing - so I did.

Yes so I see, it's an amazing spec, probably the best I've seen. Not seen many scuba blue, and not seen any on the road yet. So if I do see one after sept it will probably be you!

Heh, I've not seen any scuba blues either. Only a red occasionally on the way home from work going the other way. I do like the toys and gadgets on mine :) I get frustrated with my cruise control at the moment on the motorway in that i keep having to adjust it, turn it on and off etc, so very much looking forward to the ACC and the lane assist (making it a lot easier to stay in lane in crosswinds etc). To be honest, most of the stuff I've added is just there to make my life easier - acc, lane assist, side assist, variable range headlight control, auto lights, auto wipers etc etc - and make driving a lot more relaxing.

Heh, I've not seen any scuba blues either. Only a red occasionally on the way home from work going the other way. I do like the toys and gadgets on mine :) I get frustrated with my cruise control at the moment on the motorway in that i keep having to adjust it, turn it on and off etc, so very much looking forward to the ACC and the lane assist (making it a lot easier to stay in lane in crosswinds etc). To be honest, most of the stuff I've added is just there to make my life easier - acc, lane assist, side assist, variable range headlight control, auto lights, auto wipers etc etc - and make driving a lot more relaxing.
When you get your car i'd be interested to hear your views on all your gadgets, particularly how the lane assist works in practice.

Yeh, though I saw someone else on here praise it so should be good! I did quite a lot of research before ordering, even going so far as to read the entire owners manual to see how all the options operated. You can find quite a few youtube videos of the lane assist in other cars being demonstrated too.

Pick up now scheduled for Saturday at 9am. My wife saw a transporter near Leicester today with several new SB's on but I have still not seen many on the road in Suffolk.

Well, tomorrow will be a good day for you. I hope you manage to sleep ok tonight. Good luck with the collection tomorrow, look forward to some nice pics. Little tune to keep your mind busy. :) x

Take That - Patience - YouTube

Thank you Sandra - we're now getting very excited and do not have the same Patience as Take That! Great tune anyway. We walked past the dealership this evening and saw an A3 shape covered up with just the bottom of an alloy showing - must be our car.

Reactions: Sandra
Thank you Sandra - we're now getting very excited and do not have the same Patience as Take That! Great tune anyway. We walked past the dealership this evening and saw an A3 shape covered up with just the bottom of an alloy showing - must be our car.

Hope you have a really great day tomorrow. Dont forgetto take pic of the unveiling as well, lol. :) cant wait to see your pics. :) x

Cheers Mark. I hope to post some photos later this weekend. It has been sunny in Suffolk today but the weather doesn't look good for tomorrow. I think I will refuse to drive it out of the showroom if it is raining too hard!

This is it - collection in 1 hour 10 minutes!

Is the weather nice, are you sitting outside the showroom yet? Have a great time, look forward to seeing the pics, im of to choose a final tune for collection. :) x

No it's raining and blustery - ideal conditions not. At least I will be able to check the that the auto wipers work.

Reactions: Belfin