Yet another payment question....

Fair dos. I think it's incredible that you have saved so much money, and would hate for you to regret spending so much of it on a car, when in a few years time you wish you had it for a deposit. I've seen it time and time again so just giving you my insight to help make an informed decision.

Of course any car will cost you money, but a brand new S3 will cost you considerable more...! Would driving a S3 compared to a nice A3 really be worth the relative big cost difference..? That's the question I would be asking.

Anyway, back to your question, you might find that a new S3 will cost you about the same as a 6-12month old used one given the discounts you can achieve. I managed 14% off a S3 hatch last year and think that was comparable to a nearly new used car?

Have you looked at 13plate S3? Can get decent low mileage Ines for about £23k, where the depreciation is likely to start decreasing at a more linear rate.

I know I'm new here, but I'm completely with you on this.

To the OP - put the money in to a deposit on a flat/house and buy used or lease something sporty but cheaper. I bought myself a nearly-new Z4 (with the ragtop) for ~£17k cash + personal loan and sank the rest of my disposable income into my home. The home is now worth £100k+ more than we paid for itm and the car was great fun but only lost me about £5k before I sold it.

Thanks for both you guys' comments! Im pretty set on an S3 to be honest so unless something major pops up I will be going ahead with it in time, Im thinking second hand too so the depreciation isn't as much, and yeah when I end up looking at a house I may think man I could have had a better deposit etc. but it wont be the end of the world and im quite lucky that where I am right now I can save a stupid amount. after I get the car and save, should have a house deposit in another 2-3 years :)

Now they have just announced the rs3 Sportback you can have my s3 in 6 months haha

Reactions: richinsoton and Joe4842
Fair dos. I think it's incredible that you have saved so much money, and would hate for you to regret spending so much of it on a car, when in a few years time you wish you had it for a deposit. I've seen it time and time again so just giving you my insight to help make an informed decision.

Of course any car will cost you money, but a brand new S3 will cost you considerable more...! Would driving a S3 compared to a nice A3 really be worth the relative big cost difference..? That's the question I would be asking.

Anyway, back to your question, you might find that a new S3 will cost you about the same as a 6-12month old used one given the discounts you can achieve. I managed 14% off a S3 hatch last year and think that was comparable to a nearly new used car?

Have you looked at 13plate S3? Can get decent low mileage Ines for about £23k, where the depreciation is likely to start decreasing at a more linear rate.

I have done yes, but I prefer the facelift model really, purely for the exhaust note and fact that it is a more 'up to date' version, I know that doesn't justify enough of a reason for some people but it does for me, plus say if I bought a second hander outright for 32k, then in two years time sold it for 25 for example, that would be say 10k over two years(insurance on top etc.), I could potentially down scale to a second hand Fiesta/focus st or something after this IF I was considering a house, I know if I got a 2013 model the depreciation could be even less but the newer model is the one that appeals to me most.

Reactions: Milnesafc
Yep :footy: I haven't even picked it up yet haha 17 plate

are you actually considering an rs3 sportback then? just seen it now, I like the look of the new rs5 too.

Also what spec have you ordered then? :)

are you actually considering an rs3 sportback then? just seen it now, I like the look of the new rs5 too.

Also what spec have you ordered then? :)
Yes I wanted a used one but not paying the same price as it was new. Out of principal ha. It's a Daytona black edition, identical to marks who has a thread with pics but I have roof rails and don't have the red accent pack

Yes I wanted a used one but not paying the same price as it was new. Out of principal ha. It's a Daytona black edition, identical to marks who has a thread with pics but I have roof rails and don't have the red accent pack

ah right, well Im currently after what mark has but not black edition basically, when does it arrive? bet you cant wait.

ah right, well Im currently after what mark has but not black edition basically, when does it arrive? bet you cant wait.
It's been sat at Audi for nearly 2 weeks!!! But I go on holiday next week so that will ease the pain

Reactions: Joe4842