Yet another stolen S3...

richinsoton

Reaction score
21 miles on the clock so clearly never even made it to it's intended owner?. & the expanding foam around the wiper linkages I'd assume that's where the alarm siren is located & hence an attempt to muffle it.
Coming to a retailer near you soon possibly, so be aware if in the market for a low mileage S3 s-tronic HB in red?. Full reg no. RE15ZUC

https://auctions.silverlake.co.uk/vehicle-list/details/496671

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Why is the door trim bent up under the door, was that the entry point?

I'm wondering if it was going to be stripped for parts & hence didn't care where or how they jacked it up, or it's how they moved it. The drivers window has gone so I'd assume that's how they got into the car. If I'd noticed the car sooner I would've popped down there at the weekend to check it out.

Last edited:
If the price stays at around £18k then it will be a bargain for someone even if it is a stolen car...
21 miles on a 15 though?? Wonder where it was kept (container maybe?)...
I was told by a member of staff at my local Audi centre that there was a group of criminals from the Manchester area who were walking into dealerships wearing suits (imitating sales staff) and walking into offices at the end of the day(busy period?) and making off with keys...Possible this car was one of them?
Edit.......
Can,t be one of them if they stole the keys...lol
What can I say ....it's been a long day...:grumpy:

Last edited:
If the price stays at around £18k then it will be a bargain for someone even if it is a stolen car...
I was told by a member of staff at my local Audi centre that there was a group of criminals from the Manchester area who were walking into dealerships wearing suits (imitating sales staff) and walking into offices at the end of the day(busy period?) and making off with keys...Possible this car was one of them?
Edit.......
Can,t be one of them if they stole the keys...lol
What can I say ....it's been a long day...:grumpy:
Eh?

Maybe the salvage yard used a forklift to move it if they had no keys?
They do have the keys & I initially thought that but you wouldn't logically have one of the forks at the mid point of the car.

The other option is evidence in a court case perhaps?. The final auction price is subject to a 5% buyers premium, £15 admin fee (how we all love those lol) & you need trade membership to bid £50 per annum. So if it stays at £18130 you'd actually pay £19101.50p.

Reactions: pburv
The other option is evidence in a court case perhaps?. The final auction price is subject to a 5% buyers premium, £15 admin fee (how we all love those lol) & you need trade membership to bid £50 per annum. So if it stays at £18130 you'd actually pay £19101.50p.
lol...Not that much of a bargain then...:blink:

Reactions: richinsoton
Starting to get a bit pricey...Ha ha...
Exactly so how much of the history of this vehicle will be revealed when it eventually comes up for sale & what sort of quality of repair is that damage going to get?...

Cue 6 months time when some new member on here posts how the paint is peeling on the sill panel of their immaculate 'new' low mileage S3 & has anyone else had similar / what poor quality paint Audi use!!.

Reactions: pburv
Exactly so how much of the history of this vehicle will be revealed when it eventually comes up for sale & what sort of quality of repair is that damage going to get?...

Cue 6 months time when some new member on here posts how the paint is peeling on the sill panel of their immaculate 'new' low mileage S3 & has anyone else had similar / what poor quality paint Audi use!!.
Might be worth valuing it on the Trader just to give a rough estimate on what they think it's worth..I tried this but have forgotten my password...lol.
Would be interesting to know?

Ended at £18650, so £19647.50p!. Nearest I can see on A/T has 4k miles on it for £25290 which isn't Cat D. So I'd say very limited profit if looking to sell on...

Reactions: musicegbdf and pburv
What a bargain still with a decent warranty, if you just want a rapid car to use for a few years and not worried about cosmetics etc
Can't believe it has been any more abused that when doing the PDI :)

It has been auctioned at least three times to the best of my knowledge now, so I do wonder what else is wroing with it as the images don't always give you the whole story.